Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bagged my 1st fox last night

Bagged my 1st fox last night

Hi guys just thought I'd share the experience of bagging my 1st ever Charlie last night using my CZ .22WMR & 33gr Remington V-Max ammo.

Well chuffed coz I had planned the location where I was gonna lay in wait as the wind is usually blowing the wrong way to use this particular spot. I am quite meticulous and hopefully this will transfer to my stalking once I learn enough and get the oportunity to go for the 1st time.

I tucked myself into a corner of a field along a grass edge where we had seen a couple of fox previously but the prevailing wind is usually behind. Being a NE wind last night meant it was straight into my face. I sat down with the rifle rested on some mini shooting sticks I've made, gave a few mouth squeeks fairly loud to see what was about, followed by a few on my wam caller.

About 10mins passed and using my NV as a spotter I got buzzed by a barn owl who was after a crafty meal, then about another 5 mins or so spotted something coming down the grass headway about 200yds away. Gave a couple more blows on the wam and I kid you not this fox pelted towards me full bore. I slung the spotter down and lifted the rifle up, flicked the lamp on and it froze bang on 50yds away. If i'd taken longer I reckon I would have been his dinner!!

Took aim and bam, delivered a balistic tip right between the eyes and he dropped without a twitch. No exit wound, I think the bullet did it's job and just mashed up the insides. Had a mooch about but nothing else to see so took some pics and home I came to a well earned Horlicks!!

As you can see he was a lovely specimen in great condition and would have been ideal for stuffing if I had the dosh but had to make do with keeping the tail as a momento,

Cheers

he first of many we hope

Cheers mate it's a spotter off a RAF chopper pilots helmet a mate got hold of years ago. Got told saturday funnily enough that it's likely to be gen 3 all I know is it's flippin good!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo0507.jpg  

Yep - well done - as said above, may it be the first of many!

Nice shooting!! Keep em coming.

ATB

Rob
    243Sako

Love it! Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Cheers mate it's a spotter off a RAF chopper pilots helmet a mate got hold of years ago. Got told saturday funnily enough that it's likely to be gen 3 all I know is it's flippin good!!
    Nice, you jammy bugger!

good result and write up!!

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector