Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad boy shooting

Bad boy shooting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roe p shot s.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	12200I had this shot by guest last year.He passed the range test. Had all his own gear talked the talk and full of so called exp.He didn't just miss the spot. He completely shot at the animal almost straight on . I was not to pleased but the carcas damage was very little. He didn't get any more shot's with the places i found for him for the other two stalk's !!!. I must say he was very safe with guns or i would have ended the shooting altogether.
    If you take guests this is the kind of thing that can happen.
    He was quite upset with what he had done, when i skinned it in front of him. Let's hope he has learnt from this. It was not sent to the game dealer i kept it.

I had the same thing with a client last week with a red hind, "wait for it to turn" i said followed by bang the bullet hit the point of the sholder and when right down the ribs and into its haunch, he thought it was a good shot till I skinned it and showed him the damage, I will say this that it happens and some time it is unavoidable but I would much prefer salvaging a little venison than spen the rest of the day tracking a wounded deer miles.

Andy

Was it a bullet it was hit with or a freight train?

That's going to be a pretty flash larder when finished!

Bless em'! Why do they do it? Would they do it on their own deer?

Rgds

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

I must say that either you have a very understanding wife or a very fancy door on your larder

welcome to the world of client stalking !

ive seen alot worse than that

May I say before I start that I am a recreational stalker at best and whilst I sympathize with the outcome maybe it would have been better to inform the bloke what the implications of the shot were and that you are not happy. Pull him to one side and explain the reasons and try and educate him about the consequence of the shot he made instead of making sure he did not get a shot on the other stalks (your words).

For any client making that shot and the carcass damage that occurred, should not be surprised to have to pay for the beast/venison.

I also am aware that some people are unable to be educated due to their own ignorance and if this is the case please ignore my post.

Steve

What the hell did he shoot it with for the bullet to go straight down the flank like that? Looks like it's passed through the haunch too!

Hi Steve,

I thought I was missing something so I just checked the OP. " He didn't get any more shot's with the places i found for him for the other two stalk's !!!." Not quite the way you have quoted it. Sorry to be pedantic, but the OP doesn't actually say he made sure of no success for the client. Couldn't blame him if he did contrive it though.

QUOTE=WARDY1;318180]May I say before I start that I am a recreational stalker at best and whilst I sympathize with the outcome maybe it would have been better to inform the bloke what the implications of the shot were and that you are not happy. Pull him to one side and explain the reasons and try and educate him about the consequence of the shot he made instead of making sure he did not get a shot on the other stalks (your words).

For any client making that shot and the carcass damage that occurred, should not be surprised to have to pay for the beast/venison.

I also am aware that some people are unable to be educated due to their own ignorance and if this is the case please ignore my post.

Steve
    [/QUOTE]