Bad boy shooting

woodfordfallow

roe p shot s.jpgI had this shot by guest last year.He passed the range test. Had all his own gear talked the talk and full of so called exp.He didn't just miss the spot. He completely shot at the animal almost straight on . I was not to pleased but the carcas damage was very little. He didn't get any more shot's with the places i found for him for the other two stalk's !!!. I must say he was very safe with guns or i would have ended the shooting altogether.
If you take guests this is the kind of thing that can happen.
He was quite upset with what he had done, when i skinned it in front of him. Let's hope he has learnt from this. It was not sent to the game dealer i kept it.

I had the same thing with a client last week with a red hind, "wait for it to turn" i said followed by bang the bullet hit the point of the sholder and when right down the ribs and into its haunch, he thought it was a good shot till I skinned it and showed him the damage, I will say this that it happens and some time it is unavoidable but I would much prefer salvaging a little venison than spen the rest of the day tracking a wounded deer miles.

Andy

May I say before I start that I am a recreational stalker at best and whilst I sympathize with the outcome maybe it would have been better to inform the bloke what the implications of the shot were and that you are not happy. Pull him to one side and explain the reasons and try and educate him about the consequence of the shot he made instead of making sure he did not get a shot on the other stalks (your words).

For any client making that shot and the carcass damage that occurred, should not be surprised to have to pay for the beast/venison.

I also am aware that some people are unable to be educated due to their own ignorance and if this is the case please ignore my post.

Steve

What the hell did he shoot it with for the bullet to go straight down the flank like that? Looks like it's passed through the haunch too!

Hi Steve,

I thought I was missing something so I just checked the OP. " He didn't get any more shot's with the places i found for him for the other two stalk's !!!." Not quite the way you have quoted it. Sorry to be pedantic, but the OP doesn't actually say he made sure of no success for the client. Couldn't blame him if he did contrive it though.

QUOTE=WARDY1;318180]May I say before I start that I am a recreational stalker at best and whilst I sympathize with the outcome maybe it would have been better to inform the bloke what the implications of the shot were and that you are not happy. Pull him to one side and explain the reasons and try and educate him about the consequence of the shot he made instead of making sure he did not get a shot on the other stalks (your words).

For any client making that shot and the carcass damage that occurred, should not be surprised to have to pay for the beast/venison.

I also am aware that some people are unable to be educated due to their own ignorance and if this is the case please ignore my post.

Steve
[/QUOTE]

I'm mortified...surely magnolia would have been a better choice!

Sorry Brian only joking, it has happened to us all with a client or friend at some point I think. Always one that knows better or 'panics' on the shot.

Buckup

Yes sorry mate you are correct not what he said, but I believe it was what he meant.

As I said I'm not having a go but some people need instruction/guidance if they will accept it

Woodfordfallow - my apologies for the mis-quote

Steve

Glad this photo was shown, shows new comers like my self the implications of these shots. Always knowing it was wrong and why it was wrong but it's good seeing photos of such. But obviously it wasn't a great experience for you woodfordfallow.

Yes he got it wrong, perhaps inexperience, perhaps preassure.

If you dealt with it at the time, what do you think wil be gained by a public discussion?

I think that Woodfordfallow will get no business that's what i think. Taking the chap to places with out deer because he messed up is despicable. Sorry mate you need to get in to politics

Thanks all.
I am not going to go into detail. The chap that done this has seen what he has done and was not impressed.
I didn't make him feel bad he already done that to his self. He didn't have to pay for it as he was a guest free of charge.
If you look at the carcas its not that bad. It was shot with a 308 factory ammo. I don't know the tip. I must say that i don't have much trouble with shooters. But i did do a bit of a dance when i seen it first. I always have my camera.
Tonight i have taken another novice out for his first deer. Well done Dave puched a fallow right on the money with a lung shot droped it down at 120 yards with my 243.

That's not my larder that's my bedroom or its going to be if i carry on shooting so much says the wife

good shooting Brian

everyone co+ks up thats how one improves nobody wants to do that to a carcase ,messed up plenty then spent days and days beating myself up ,even the pro stalkers must mess up from time to time ,hopefully the more i do the better i get ,dont think deer free stalks did the chap any favours !

I think that Woodfordfallow will get no business that's what i think. Taking the chap to places with out deer because he messed up is despicable. Sorry mate you need to get in to politics
If you don't know facts you should ask and not make your self look a fool. He came for free and he shot one out of three.good odds how do you do .

Back