One for the optics experts

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Dear all,

I have a Pecar Berlin 8x56 to sell, it is the Premiun model, my problem is I don't know what it is worth, do I set a price and put it on here or put it on e-bay. I have heard reports that they go for silly money on e-bay and that is likely to be my best bet, any clues as to it's value. It obviously shows it's age in terms of it's finish but it has no dings or scratches and the optics are perfect.

John

I recently bought a 6x45 pecar champion for £175 off eBay . I am sure there was an 8x56 for sale at the same time , it went for around £250. I would have thought that would be a reasonable price for a second hand quality scope from a company that is no longer in business

Dear all,

I have a Pecar Berlin 8x56 to sell, it is the Premiun model, my problem is I don't know what it is worth, do I set a price and put it on here or put it on e-bay. I have heard reports that they go for silly money on e-bay and that is likely to be my best bet, any clues as to it's value. It obviously shows it's age in terms of it's finish but it has no dings or scratches and the optics are perfect.

John

they can go for great prices on ebay. but when you look at listing fees,final fee and postage sometimes it dont always work out as good.

i would put it on here at the price you think its worth. then if it doesnt sell knock it down abit at a time. if no luck then ebay the item

John

Also bear in mind that eBay can be funny about "firearms-related" items. I had a listing for a magazine for a Tikka pulled recently... Mind you, I listed the same item a month or so earlier and it wasn't questioned.

Andrew

Hi John

as for ebay (i have not used it yet) but i have been talking to mates as i need to sell the leupold, the wife got the cash from the S&B so this ones mine :),

anyway, my best mate kev sells lots of fishing tackle etc on the bay and he has sold some rifle scopes too. he says try to keep words like rifle. gun, shooting etc out of the title etc this will help it to have a low profile on there heads up system they use on the bay,

as for price £250 to £350 depending on the condition, the premium scopes are well thought of and in the past made lots of really good money, im not one for ebay but as things are tight i need to get the best prices for the things i have for sale,

but i can't stop myself from selling on forums it just feels right to let someone who wants it get it etc.

bob.

I think you need the correct person john wanting it on ebay this is YOUR site and if i were you i would decide what i want for it and sell it here.

Last edited:
I've sold a few on evilbay and they have made some very good money. There is a 8 x 52 one on there now which you should watch. Also have a look at the completed listings as there a a few which sold for a good amount. Be careful when advertising though as some of them have a 26mm tube which will not fit in a 1" ring! As Bob said, probably worth around the £300 mark. What reticle does it have as some are interchangeable?
MS:)

Decent scopes sell well on e-bay, but as for all things shooting, list them on e-bay.com not e-bay.co.uk.

Neil. :)

you can write off approx 10% of the final sale price for fees in my experience
and if you do send it with the postie make sure its signed for recorded insured mail to the registered ebay address no where else regardless of what's asked by the buyer !!
i got caught for something sent to an address requested by the buyer but not received at the ebay address ,the buyer got the item and then claimed back through paypal t@$$er

I think I will keep it and put it on my 7X57, but thanks anyway people :tiphat:

John

Dear all,

John

Hi John
Sold my 4-10x45 last year on eBay and it made £250 so withe fees I got about £210

Cheers Paul

Back