Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skinning and Skinning Stool

Skinning and Skinning Stool

How do you all skin a beast, I used to use a skinning stool and then went on to skin them now when they are hanging up by the hind legs, I thought I could do it faster but it still takes a while, a friend who is on here showed me how to skin with a golf ball and vehicle and man that was fast just seconds but not clean enough, anyone got a way of pulling the skin of in the larder but fast like the you tube golf ball, oh and I have a brand new stainless steel skinning stool for sale if anyone is interested, once I've done my 30 days it'll be in classified, cheers.

We skin them the New Zealand way get the neck and front legs skinned on a cratch then hang them up by there front legs and put the skin down and off.

About 2 min for a roe to about 4 min for an old fallow buck

Nice and neat no rips or tears no knife marks and all the marbling and flank meat still on the carcass and not on the skin.

Simples

start at the chest with the knife down to the arm pits then use your fist and roll your hands under the skin to part it keep your hands moist.

Chris Howard shows how to skin beasts on his dvd which has been produced for the BDS its called Skin , Butcher and cook

Quote Originally Posted by supersport View Post
    start at the chest with the knife down to the arm pits then use your fist and roll your hands under the skin to part it keep your hands moist.
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by somerled333 View Post
    I used to use a skinning stool ....... oh and I have a brand new stainless steel skinning stool for sale if anyone is interested, once I've done my 30 days it'll be in classified, cheers.
    Well, I can't wait 30 days! What is a skinning stool?

I've been around a while and never heard of it. Even Google can't give an answer - though it does find this thread!

Alasdair.

Quote Originally Posted by alasdair View Post
    Well, I can't wait 30 days! What is a skinning stool?

I've been around a while and never heard of it. Even Google can't give an answer - though it does find this thread!

Alasdair.

Try Cratch or cradle or stool, its tressel that the deeer or sheep lies in on its back and allows you to skin the animal, many different hights where found around the country before sheep skinnning moved onto the line system, most where low and the lams leg would held between the slaughtermans legs as he worked (legged) the lamb, some where much higher and the slaughterman held the leg under his oxter (armpit) hard graft, happy days....

Quote Originally Posted by Monument veiw View Post
    Chris Howard shows how to skin beasts on his dvd which has been produced for the BDS its called Skin , Butcher and cook
    +1 - it's a very good DVD, I just have to figure out how to get a DVD player and TV in the larder when I do my first one
    Beretta Silver Pigeon 20 Bore
    Browing X-Bolt Stainless Stalker - 30-06
    Countryside Management Diary - http://www.leagueofwrath.co.uk/cmblog/

Quote Originally Posted by adjman View Post
    +1 - it's a very good DVD, I just have to figure out how to get a DVD player and TV in the larder when I do my first one
    The 1st one is always the worst but as long as you eat venison yourself just have a go and enjoy the experience

hi wood

Thats a bit like I seen on you tube, think I'll try that and see, takes me 15 minutes just now