What would you buy ?

Cygnus

Hi All
I'm heading off to the US of A this month and I have managed to
slip in a visit to Cabelas in Denver during our stay.
It got me thinking, with the difference in prices and availability, what would
'you' buy if you were going.
No prizes just for fun !!

All the best

Alan

Hi All
I'm heading off to the US of A this month and I have managed to
slip in a visit to Cabelas in Denver during our stay.
It got me thinking, with the difference in prices and availability, what would
'you' buy if you were going.
No prizes just for fun !!

All the best

Alan

You will be able to pick up some good bargains at rock bottom prices at the moment i would think. Having visited a number of these stores over the years this time of year you should pick up the end of winter clothing at reduced prices. Dont forget the price as a rule does not include the sales tax which is added at the cash tills.

Enjoy :D

Hunting Clothing and footwear, It's a giveaway over there compared to the UK. Just watch out for Customs when you return!

Harris Bipods, Zeiss conquest, Cold steel knives, Clothing must be worth a look as well as re-loading supplies.

i have 2 zeiss scopes,

conquest 4/14x44 mc and the 6.5/20x50 rapid z 600,

i would like to have 3 x 4.5/14x44/50s so i would sell the 6.5/20x50, and save a bit more cash to come back with 2 x 4.5/14x44/50's

run them as follows

1 on the 20 tac

1 on the 308

1 on the 17 hmr

bob.

Gore-Tex lined boots....a bloody fraction of the price that they are over 'ere......

bullets!!! post them to yourself here in the UK, and yes, it's legal:D
How many can you post in one go? They must get pretty heavy. What do you label them up as? I have a friend in the States that would send them to me. Do customs put the usual tax on?

Last summer I ordered a new camera from Amazon in the US and then had it delivered to my brother in Baltimore. I picked it up when I went to visit him. This saved me about 40% of the UK price between VAT, the exchange rate and just basic RRP. Would the same ploy work on a scope? Is there that much of a price difference?

Last summer I ordered a new camera from Amazon in the US and then had it delivered to my brother in Baltimore. I picked it up when I went to visit him. This saved me about 40% of the UK price between VAT, the exchange rate and just basic RRP. Would the same ploy work on a scope? Is there that much of a price difference?

i think it will work with a scope,

you would have to post it here as a present, i got some fish finder thing the last time i was in florida and it came out at £167,00 and over here it was close to £300.

i shipped the box to myself 2 days after being there on holiday, and on the way home they asked me in customs what it was i said its my fish finder that i took with me for fishing :)

bob.

How many can you post in one go? They must get pretty heavy. What do you label them up as? I have a friend in the States that would send them to me. Do customs put the usual tax on?

not too heavy IMHO, if you need to put a label, put say 308 components or 6mm components. should be no customs charge when he writes 'gift' and puts a nice note inside saying " happy Bday mate, hope you enjoy your pressie ";)

Back