Thread: Spearfishing.

Spearfishing.

Hi there. For a while now I have been thinking of getting into this sport - It seems like Stalking underwater! I saw a bloke doing it on telly the other night and it made me think that I would have to get round to giving it a go this summer.

Does anybody on the forum practice spearfishing? where are the best places in the UK to to do it? How is it best to get into it - I am a fairly strong swimmer but have never done any freediving.

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    Hi there. For a while now I have been thinking of getting into this sport - It seems like Stalking underwater! I saw a bloke doing it on telly the other night and it made me think that I would have to get round to giving it a go this summer.

Does anybody on the forum practice spearfishing? where are the best places in the UK to to do it? How is it best to get into it - I am a fairly strong swimmer but have never done any freediving.
    I've done a bit but not in this country used to do loads of scuba diving and Done that at the same time I used to use a 90cm gun with a 6.5mm Tahatian spear don't no if that would really be suitable in uk waters but was brilliant in tropical destinations, there is a British spear fishing association if I remember correctly have a search online and you maybe able to get alot more info there good luck

You could get a re-breather and spend housr taking out ducks and geese from below.