Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im sick of cold feet

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

im sick of cold feet

i have a cracking set of boots and they are fully waterproof fart proof etc etc,

but i always get cold feet, is there a good pair of socks that you guys use that will help keep my feet warm,

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Fishermans socks pure wool thick and warm

Bob, If boots are too tight you will never stay warm.
    I just use a proper pair of walking boot socks from the local comping shop, never had a problem.

Neil.

A couple of my mates got them muck boots,i cant recall which model though,supposed to keep your feet warm to minus thirty

Always use one nr. bigger boot size....then only rough knitted pure wool socks, first layer thin wool socks, second rough knitted...I prommis you will never get cold...and if you do...there is something wrong with your feet.

For extreme cold here in Norway I use Sorell cariboou boots nr 45...ususaly I use 44 in boots size....god luck with wrm feet
    one shot, one skill

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    A couple of my mates got them muck boots,i cant recall which model though,supposed to keep your feet warm to minus thirty
    The model are Tay Sports. I have some. Fantastically warm and comfortable and fit my wide feet and calves. BUT they are mostly neoprene and the rubber foot is simply dipped so is very thin. I've ripped mine in the undergrowth both on the neoprene and rubber. Terrible grip too.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    cheers lads

looks like ill try the thin pair then the thick pair.

boots are about 1/2 bigger than they should be,

ill give it a try

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I always find that if my core is warm then my extremities are OK. A pair of "Heat-holder" socks in either boots or neoprene wellies and my usual thin leather gloves. Love my HH Lifa thermals

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    i have a cracking set of boots and they are fully waterproof fart proof etc etc,

but i always get cold feet, is there a good pair of socks that you guys use that will help keep my feet warm,

thanks

bob.
    I recently ordered some stuff from this company, http://www.theheatcompany.at/insoles.html, in anticipation of my boar hunting trip to Germany next week. Apparently, Swiss and Austrian police and specialforces use some of the products too.

Good luck.