Wee bit of help please

davidm

End of feb I will be sitting my level 1 and have come across the questions on deer calls and wondering if anyone knows of anywhere online I can listen to the calls. I know the answer just would like the words to be audio in my head so I can remember easier. Thanks David

End of feb I will be sitting my level 1 and have come across the questions on deer calls and wondering if anyone knows of anywhere online I can listen to the calls. I know the answer just would like the words to be audio in my head so I can remember easier. Thanks David

Have u tried YouTube

Yes and was more elk and white tail deer so was just wondering if there was any others but thanks.

Hi David,

Do a search on google for one at a time of the 6 species we have in the uk and then save it to a file, good luck with your 1s

Regards ,

Mark

Thanks mark will give that a try.

It ask what deer gives a repeated rising and falling whistle-sika
Then there's the sika hinds alarm call- short sharp squeak
The noise of a mature muntjac when disturbed-high pitched repetitive bark
Which species roars during rut-red deer hope that helps HME

Hi david I said befor that I would help.I have a dvd of 6 secies of deer & their calls.
I have not heard from you since I took you for sume shooting practise.

I will be away for sume time now going stalking 2 weeks.

Den

Yeah I know you did Denis was just looking online as am not home at the moment been in London for last 2weeks will be another 2 before am back home. Hope you have a successful stalk.catch up when you get back David

Sorry David, if you're doing a level 1 course you will hear those, probably on a video and they are very distinctive. I was being flippant, you seem to have the measure of them already! Our candidates at the weekend will certainly hear the relevant calls.

HME

No problem HME, I managed to get them all on youtube and save them to my favourites so can listen to them now.thanks david.

Not sure how confident you are of deer identification, but I sent the link below to my brother when he was doing his DSC1 and he found it pretty useful.

Deer Species Identification

Timney

Im pretty confident but those Fallow does and sika hinds keep playing tricks swapping jackets every now and then :D

Thanks again thou any help is greatfully accepted.

Back