Thread: foxpro

foxpro

Just been out for an hour with my new foxpro,were i know there are a good few fox's,first tried mouse squeack,ten minutes scanning with NV:nothing,then tried Vixen,same again,just started thinking foxpro not what as productive as i have read,so tried lil rabbit,first look with NV one pair of eyes seconds later another,lamp on second pair heard nice thump of Norma Vmax,one dead vixen 120yards.
    Just like to say thanks again to Stevienicknacks and Tikka T3 for there help and adivice,definatley worth the money,cheers

i find the mousie squeeks are better in the summer , rabbit and hare calls work for me this time of year and on a spring evening while sat out ducklings , try them all see what works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    Just been out for an hour with my new foxpro,were i know there are a good few fox's,first tried mouse squeack,ten minutes scanning with NV:nothing,then tried Vixen,same again,just started thinking foxpro not what as productive as i have read,so tried lil rabbit,first look with NV one pair of eyes seconds later another,lamp on second pair heard nice thump of Norma Vmax,one dead vixen 120yards.
    Just like to say thanks again to Stevienicknacks and Tikka T3 for there help and adivice,definatley worth the money,cheers
    Excellent, well done mate. yes as Trouble says you need to pick calls for the time of year, type of land and the prey that are on there e.g new poults down use the Pheasant/Partridge calls. At this time of year we are finding that the Dog fox and Vixen calls are doing the business however the go to call for a few of us is "Young rabbit distress". Micky Finn shot 3 last week just using that call and I shot 1 on a different spot of land with the same call. Obviously cant guarantee you will always call foxes in using any of the calls, some nights they just wont come to anything (if they are a good way off). Glad you had success on your first outing mate, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    Bramble,i take it you are now a convert mate? As we discussed the other night mate, it's a case of experimenting, taking the time to decide what call has the best chance of working due to time of year, geogrophy, weather, what food source is about, the best place to put the caller out and even if you have an idea as to what sex the particular fox is you are after.
    Above all,it's patience on the part of the fella with the rifle, i think patience has been the deciding factor in my sucsess and has probably made the biggest contribution ( apart from the foxpro)to upping my kill rate.
    Oh and i suppose i'd better mention stevienicknacks LoL (diamond geeza)

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Bramble,i take it you are now a convert mate? As we discussed the other night mate, it's a case of experimenting, taking the time to decide what call has the best chance of working due to time of year, geogrophy, weather, what food source is about, the best place to put the caller out and even if you have an idea as to what sex the particular fox is you are after.
    Above all,it's patience on the part of the fella with the rifle, i think patience has been the deciding factor in my sucsess and has probably made the biggest contribution ( apart from the foxpro)to upping my kill rate.
    Oh and i suppose i'd better mention stevienicknacks LoL (diamond geeza)
    Cheers mate, your making me blush