Thread: Time Wasters!

Time Wasters!

Why is it that some people just seem to want to waste your time? I have recently listed items on here for sale and recieved a PM from a member on which we agreed a price, he requested my bank details so he could make payment. I sent everything straight away and also a furthur PM with a qyestion in it, the said member was later online and had not made any effort to contact me for 2 days! So all now relisted for sale.

Unfortunately you find peeps of that in all walks of life

Not sure what happened in your case but gentlemens agreements seem to mean nothing these days.
    I sell gift vouchers on my fly fishing site, these are usually posted on receipt of the money, but every year i get the last minute phone call/emails pleading for a gift voucher to be sent on trust as it is a last minute xmas gift, so i usually send the voucher via email.
    This has always worked well until this year, a guy rang me and requested a voucher for in excess of 200, subsequent phone calls/emails confirming his exact requirements i emailed it on xmas eve for his father.
    so 2 weeks later no money, i sent an email politely requesting payment and he didn't reply, so after another 10 days i sent him an email (he never returned my calls) advising him i have cancelled the voucher, within 10 minutes he replied!
    stating, 'thats a pity, i will take my business elsewhere', strange answer, because he would have had to explained to his father and other family members why the gift voucher was cancelled.
    what a toe rag!
    cheers
    Richard

Had it a couple of times. Mate. Wouldn't be so bad but its when you send a message and they dont reply.

Yet have been online which gets to you

Lucikly so far those I have dealt with here have been very good. Only sold a couple of bits but brought a few. I would say most on there forums are good sad there are a few that don't follow that trend.

Time Wasters!

Why is it that some people just seem to want to waste your time? I have recently listed items on here for sale and recieved a PM from a member on which we agreed a price, he requested my bank details so he could make payment. I sent everything straight away and also a furthur PM with a qyestion in it, the said member was later online and had not made any effort to contact me for 2 days! So all now relisted for sale.

Yes I had exactly the same happen to me only yesterday,NOT ON HERE was another forum !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    within 10 minutes he replied!
    stating, 'thats a pity, i will take my business elsewhere', strange answer, because he would have had to explained to his father and other family members why the gift voucher was cancelled.
    what a toe rag!
    cheers
    Richard
    At least you won’t be too upset as customers who don't pay are not very profitable.

You are only ever as good as your word.
    I would feel worse about letting someone down than being let down.