Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations please for a great Hotel and Stag Stalk!

Recommendations please for a great Hotel and Stag Stalk!

Hi All,

My wife is South African and my father-in-law is an avid hunter and has taken game all across Africa and America but has never stalked for Stag in Scotland. For his birthday I would like to arrange a trip for him but it is very difficult to work our where would be a great place for the four of us to stay (with nice walks etc for the Ladies) and also where he would have a great hunt.

So far I have found the East Haugh House Hotel which looks good and appears to have a local stalk, does anyone have any experience with them or perhaps any other suggestions?

My in-laws have been very really amazing these last few years and I would like to try and say thanks with an unforgettable experience!

Also any ideas where I might buy or have made a stag horn stalking knife?

Many thanks!!

Hugh

Quote Originally Posted by simps View Post
    Hi All,

My wife is South African and my father-in-law is an avid hunter and has taken game all across Africa and America but has never stalked for Stag in Scotland. For his birthday I would like to arrange a trip for him but it is very difficult to work our where would be a great place for the four of us to stay (with nice walks etc for the Ladies) and also where he would have a great hunt.

So far I have found the East Haugh House Hotel which looks good and appears to have a local stalk, does anyone have any experience with them or perhaps any other suggestions?

My in-laws have been very really amazing these last few years and I would like to try and say thanks with an unforgettable experience!

Also any ideas where I might buy or have made a stag horn stalking knife?

Many thanks!!

Hugh
    Try

http://www.fortingall.com/index.php?...d=49&Itemid=62

The Hotel is under new ownership since I last stayed, but It's certainly worth a look, stalking can be arranged on local Estates

or
    http://www.altnaharra.com/latest-news-test-post/

or

http://www.glenfinnanhouse.com/ Dan gibbals is Head Stalker on the adjacent Estate, I'm sure he'd be able to give you the low down on the hotel.

I have my own 8000 acre lease in the highlands of Scotland. Some Red Stags and a good number of Jap Sika. Two very well built and warm houses on the estate with a Salmon river right outside the front door. Lots of places to walk and sightsee for the ladies.
    I can arrange for full pick and return from Inverness airport, sightseeing with car and driver for the ladies, 4 course meals at night with your chef, and also a chance to walk up some Red Grouse if required. Also local trout fishing on the lochs nearby. Pm me if you are interested, I have two weeks still available in mid September. Early October is booked I am afraid.

ATB

Sikamalc

PS. I see this is your first posting on the site. I would be grateful if you could place an intro about yourself in the site intro section as per the site rules.

Thank you
    Last edited by sikamalc; 02-02-2012 at 14:37.

Can help you on Stags and possibly get you on a River for Salmon for a day
    The hotel i recommend is Mabie house hotel , lots of nice walks nearby
    Will send more details by PM
    Colin
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Hi Hugh

You wont go far wrong with Solway he is very proffesonal in his approach and the Mabie House is an exellent place to stay with good food as well
    see you in April Colin

ATB Paul D

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    Try http://www.fortingall.com/index.php?...d=49&Itemid=62

The Hotel is under new ownership since I last stayed, but It's certainly worth a look, stalking can be arranged on local Estates..l.
    There's good stalking to be had in Glen Lyon if you stay here and there are a couple of good distilleries nearby too. Aberfeldy and Blair Athol distillery both do good tours. Depending on time of year, salmon on the Tay or Lyon might be possible too. Regards JCS

Look forward to it Paul , have you eaten all that venison yet
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

East Haugh House is a wonderfull place its not cheap but the sevice is second to non
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

+ 1 Glen Lyon. Been going there since I was a kid and now have a small place just outside Aberfeldy, love the place. Taken 1 or 2 beasts in the glen this season and it never fails to deliver. Stalking is fantastic regardless of which estate you choose.

As suggested by JCS there is also plenty to do, places to visit and eateries in the area to keep you occupied when you are not on the hill. You can be in Perth/Dundee in 30/40 mins. Walk the Birks of Aberfeldy and the ladies can shop till they drop at the House of Bruar. Starting to sound like tourist information !

Drop me a PM if you want specifics.

Atholl Estates - superb stalking, Garrons to recover the beasts, 100,000+ acres. Accommodation in either one of their lodges or Atholl Arms Hotel.