Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Another witnessed stalk tomorrow

  1. #1

    Another witnessed stalk tomorrow

    Send some positive thoughts in my direction guys and gals,

    After two years of sloth and nil opportunities I have been stalking my own ground with witness:

    Stalk 1: Successful, red stag shot, followed up located and completed.
    Stalk2: Located deer: hind out of season and unsafe,
    Stalk 3: Located deer: hind in season at 30 yards skylined no shot on.

    Stalk 4:I've got a feeling.........just maybe

    H.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Hope it all comes good today. It took me 2 years to do Level 2 and it can be frustrating but the sense of achievement when it was completed was worth it.
    best of luck
    Jim

  4. #4
    2 years to do Level 2 , you must be very unlucky. I had mine done in 2 days

  5. #5
    Good luck I know just what you mean - Been at mine for a while but with no personel permissions I have to pay and so far plenty of good money for no results. Usual routine wrong sex, wrong breed, skylined or just damned jumpy. But next week all will be different - I hope 3 stalks in 3 days must get one in the book!

    Just pretend your on your own and it should all come right

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 16bore View Post
    Good luck I know just what you mean - Been at mine for a while but with no personel permissions I have to pay and so far plenty of good money for no results. Usual routine wrong sex, wrong breed, skylined or just damned jumpy. But next week all will be different - I hope 3 stalks in 3 days must get one in the book!

    Just pretend your on your own and it should all come right
    I would seriously think about only booking on ground with plenty deer , it will prove very expensive otherwise.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
    I would seriously think about only booking on ground with plenty deer , it will prove very expensive otherwise.
    Expensive - it already is but no going back can only get better. I like the idea of only booking where there is plenty of deer but how can you find that out without going along to start with?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
    2 years to do Level 2 , you must be very unlucky. I had mine done in 2 days
    You were slow, someone on here stated they had done all three ICR,s complete in an afternoon. I was well impressed

  9. #9
    Foxhunter tell him were you done yours it might help him and the rest of the forum who struggle.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by blunderbust View Post
    You were slow, someone on here stated they had done all three ICR,s complete in an afternoon. I was well impressed
    I actually shot 4 fallow on the day of my assessment but the witness would only accept 2 as at the time that was the rule. I had to shoot another beast on a different day.

Similar Threads

  1. Has anybody ever witnessed?????
    By nell in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-06-2011, 18:33
  2. Wanted witnessed stalks
    By mickjgardner in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-02-2011, 17:38
  3. Witnessed two stalks
    By Mannlicher_Stu in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 07:31
  4. DSC2 witnessed stalks
    By glogin in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 14:57
  5. Witnessed Stalks
    By admin in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 22-01-2009, 00:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •