A straight yes or no!

Yes or No?

• Total voters
i voted NO.

as i would hate to see whiltshires go, its the best i have had,

bob.

mines a NO too cos I fear we would not end up with the best of the best just some mediocre crap and NYorks too good to lose.

no way in devon things are much simpler and quicker than in neighbouring counties long may they continue variation for 2506 back in 4 days ideal

devon foxer u did well to grt it in 4 days i was quoted 8 weeks yesterday i would still say nay to centralisation

somtimes better the devil you know

Whilst Cheshire are terrible, a bloody good shake up and perhaps a new Chief is all that is required. I have first hand experience of when governmental procedures go to a centralised office and it's not good! Whilst Cheshire are generally slow and don't apply the same rules as everyone else at least you can call them (rather than an unanswered machine) and get to speak with the person dealing with your application. Don't expect that from a centralised system - think of any national call centre...:banghead:

Its yes from me. The appallingly shambolic administration of Hampshire Police Firearms Dept. must be brought to an end. I see many are concerned at a possible lessening of the good service that they currently receive from other forces but surely the idea of central licensing is that it is based on best practice not worst! atb Tim

Hi,

I voted no, reason, i dont think someone down south will understand fully some of our requirements up here in Scotland.
Oh and i aint traveling down to Doncaster every-time they need to see me....

keep it local keep it simple.

Our guys and Gals do a great job at Lothian Borders;)

f,

I come under the dreaded West Mercia so it has to be a yes. Anything would be better than what we've got

Hi,

I voted no, reason, i dont think someone down south will understand fully some of our requirements up here in Scotland.
Oh and i aint traveling down to Doncaster every-time they need to see me....

keep it local keep it simple.

Our guys and Gals do a great job at Lothian Borders;)

f,
Of course local FEO's should be retained to liaise with local shooting communities, but do we really need duplicated management structures in each Constabulary area? After all other important documents such as Passports & Driving Licenses are administered centrally, relatively more efficient & cost effective than Firearms Licensing. atb Tim:cool:

Of course local FEO's should be retained to liaise with local shooting communities, but do we really need duplicated management structures in each Constabulary area? After all other important documents such as Passports & Driving Licenses are administered centrally, relatively more efficient & cost effective than Firearms Licensing. atb Tim:cool:

agreed but if you centralize the admin they still will have a system to monitor it local so your still duplicating a system that works fine,

f,

NO !
I have been with Cumbria since 1951 and have had NO problems with them.
Scores of transactions have been completed over the years with the minimum of fuss.

HWH.

Back