Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Fault That Was Not The Deer I Advertised

My Fault That Was Not The Deer I Advertised

Attachment 12342
    Well to start with a big thankyou to Andrew for taking my beginners day in Red Deer Management at short notice which in advertised on the SD on Monday night.
    He came one the train with rifle and all his shooting gear. We done mate not having a car did not stop you.
    Andrew had a new sako 308 for christmas and was ready to drop a deer with it. So on the range we had a few zeroing snags but got them ironed out. Im not a fan of swivel BiPods you know the self leavling ones, this seemed to be the problem. After putting my standard one on targets were dropping like flies. Sorted!
    Once Andrew was happy shooting his rifle (big fan of using your own rifle to take a deer instead of a borrowed one It sits better) and we was to off to cull a stag.

There were a group of 5 stags 3 hinds 3 prickets up the top of the hills. So thats where we headed up into the gorse. Only problem was we were in the gorse sitting so were some of the deer. Anyways 3 hines 2 prickets and 2 stags came out. A little later another stag appered he was no more than 20 yards away from use sitting my dog put him up. They sit tight in this cold weather. I picked a stag to be shot and after a little moving about Andrew got into position. He took the shot and the stag went down. It was dead he just did not know it. Andrew was breathing very heavily and shaking. That make me happy He was happy.
    Slowly walked up to the dead stag and I could see not all his points were there, Andrew never said anything. But deap down it was bugging me.
    Andrew wanted to be hands on so we got down and dirty. With my guidance and a little tickle with my knife he gralloched the beast in the sunshine.
    Next down to the slaughter house to skin and inspect the animal, again Andrew was hands on, guided him through skinning a good size beast After the skinning I let him loose with a bonning knife and he helped me break the carcass down into sections leaving hole carcass stripped clean.
    He wanted hands on and just by his fortune a pricket ran into the gate post last night and I let him have another practise on the carcass to.
    We both had an enjoyable day and I past on as much knowledge as I could to Andrew.

THE ONLY DOWN side was the stag I picked for him was not as good as I advertised and I felt bad as he was paying.
    So I took him one side and offered him another stag free of charge and a days butchery course with me.
    At the end of Feb he will come down to me with a couple of rifles and have a morning on the range. Afternoon take another stag Have a nice one lined up. He will stop the night at my house and the following day I will show him how to break down and butcher a deer into its cuts steaks and joints.

My fault I will put it right and thankyou again to Andrew from this SD site for his happy cheerfull attitude
    and I'll see him at the end of the month

Very decent gesture Id be happy with that.

Thats a decent stag for starters Buckbones and your follow up offer was more than generous good on ya.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

such a handsome and noble looking chap in the photo, he does remind me of someone. thanks for a really good day mate, really interesting and i enjoyed it a lot. the homemade soup was a nice touch too

Jesus you have booked your place in haven. Nothing like the bad to bring out the best.
    You are a gentelman indeed. If i come can i shoot the wrong one to get a free visit.
    You are a credit to the stalking world mate. and i hate you.
    regards Brian

ziggy nice to see your spreading your wings and a nice stag to boot .
    regards pete .

Superb service, no one can have any complaints with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Attachment 12342
    Well to start with a big thankyou to Andrew for taking my beginners day in Red Deer Management at short notice which in advertised on the SD on Monday night.
    He came one the train with rifle and all his shooting gear. We done mate not having a car did not stop you.
    Andrew had a new sako 308 for christmas and was ready to drop a deer with it. So on the range we had a few zeroing snags but got them ironed out. Im not a fan of swivel BiPods you know the self leavling ones, this seemed to be the problem. After putting my standard one on targets were dropping like flies. Sorted!
    Once Andrew was happy shooting his rifle (big fan of using your own rifle to take a deer instead of a borrowed one It sits better) and we was to off to cull a stag.

There were a group of 5 stags 3 hinds 3 prickets up the top of the hills. So thats where we headed up into the gorse. Only problem was we were in the gorse sitting so were some of the deer. Anyways 3 hines 2 prickets and 2 stags came out. A little later another stag appered he was no more than 20 yards away from use sitting my dog put him up. They sit tight in this cold weather. I picked a stag to be shot and after a little moving about Andrew got into position. He took the shot and the stag went down. It was dead he just did not know it. Andrew was breathing very heavily and shaking. That make me happy He was happy.
    Slowly walked up to the dead stag and I could see not all his points were there, Andrew never said anything. But deap down it was bugging me.
    Andrew wanted to be hands on so we got down and dirty. With my guidance and a little tickle with my knife he gralloched the beast in the sunshine.
    Next down to the slaughter house to skin and inspect the animal, again Andrew was hands on, guided him through skinning a good size beast After the skinning I let him loose with a bonning knife and he helped me break the carcass down into sections leaving hole carcass stripped clean.
    He wanted hands on and just by his fortune a pricket ran into the gate post last night and I let him have another practise on the carcass to.
    We both had an enjoyable day and I past on as much knowledge as I could to Andrew.

THE ONLY DOWN side was the stag I picked for him was not as good as I advertised and I felt bad as he was paying.
    So I took him one side and offered him another stag free of charge and a days butchery course with me.
    At the end of Feb he will come down to me with a couple of rifles and have a morning on the range. Afternoon take another stag Have a nice one lined up. He will stop the night at my house and the following day I will show him how to break down and butcher a deer into its cuts steaks and joints.

My fault I will put it right and thankyou again to Andrew from this SD site for his happy cheerfull attitude
    and I'll see him at the end of the month
    A good example of how to run a business and excellent customer relations.atb Tim

well done chaps