Thread: 19mm dovetails

19mm dovetails

right peeps,

can anyone tell me what C/F rifles come with 19mm dovetails milled onto the receiver as standard, would I be right in thinking the CZ rifles all do? But what else? I know this is a bit arse about face but I have a Kite NV (Mil spec mounts) and a rail to attach it to a 19mm dovetail so I`m looking for a toy to sit under it all.

TVM Matt
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

IIRC my CZ527 is 18mm,so 19mm should be fine.
    Take look on the sportsmatch website thnk the sizes are on there.

The BSA models Hunter, Majestic and 1st Pattern Monarch's have this size dovetail. The Parker-Hale bases are also that size.

Quote Originally Posted by soulboy1957 View Post
    IIRC my CZ527 is 18mm,so 19mm should be fine.
    Take look on the sportsmatch website thnk the sizes are on there.
    If it has 18mm dovetails it's a strange 527.
    CZ 527 is 16-mm
    CZ550 is 19-mm
    The newer rimfire are either 11-mm or 3/8", some older model 2's are 16-mm

CZ measure the metric dovetails across the top flat, the 3/8" is measured across the narrow bit at the bottom of the groove.
    The 3/8" actually measures 12 .7-mm +/- a little bit across the top, depends on how accurately the cutter was sharpened/set.

Neil.

I have to laugh ................................. sorry but there really does seem to be no correct size agreed upon on these rifles as somewhere here I have, ahhh yes in the P-H catalogue #67 they call the larger size 19.5mm and the CZ size found on the Brno No1 and No2 rim fires and the CZ527 17mm yet in their #70 catalogue the smaller size is referred to as Continental size. The CZ/Brno dovetails are the same as those used by Parker-Hale their rings fit them perfectly.

I wonder how Hilver termed them? but do not have a Hilver catalogue to check but it seems that CZUS call them 16mm yet Sportsmatch the mount makers 17mm. No wonder there is confusion.

many thanks folks you done the job once again!
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

Re, Brithunter - The CZ dovetails in the rimfires changed in 1969 or so, to the "continental size" which was Parker Hale parlance for 11mm. I think the ZKW 465 and early brno fox's type 527's, had a 19mm dovetail, which changed in the late 1970's to the current dovetail.
    Cheers
    Last edited by lincolnjefferies; 05-02-2012 at 10:43.

Hmmmm I seem to recall a friend CZ527 in .222 rem had 17mm dovetails but would need to check with Tom if he still has it of course, as I seemt o recall he had P-H rings on that one. My own 65 vintage Model 2 Rimfire has the 17mm dovetails of course the 94 vintage 601 has the std 19mm ones. Not having looked at a new one for a decade or more I have no idea what size they are using now. Their web site is not very helpful on that point when I tried.