Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pes/Mae Calibre specific mod

Pes/Mae Calibre specific mod

Hi Guys,
    I am looking for a PES/MAE over the barrel mod for a .204 (must be calibre specific) with 1/2 thread.

I think the actual model is the T12 Scout in silver. Its to go with my rifle here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1756.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	251.2 KB 
ID:	12355

If you have one that's not doing a lot please get in touch.

Many thanks,

Chris

Update: - I would also consider a Mini Target as i've found its an OVER BARREL
    Last edited by maffs; 04-02-2012 at 10:48.

I went to see Julian at JMS Arms last night to choose a mod for my .22Hornet.
    I ended up with a Mini-T which from all we tried out, yes you can try them on the premises, was the quietest.
    But I used to have a T 12, the full length one not the scout, it was heavy but worked well, they are not calibre specific though, two sizes up to .243 and then 30 cal.
    The Mini T is available in .17 or .22, weight is just under 400 grams, comes in silver or black.
    My original T 12 was silver, the biggest mistake ever, unless you only use it at midday, as it reflects light under a lamp, and into the sun, I covered it in black tape.

Neil.

Thanks Neil,
    My shooting buddy has a 'satin' finish on his (maybe bead blasted) which looks good although i take the point on selection as i used to have a MiniT myself once.
    Cheers again,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by maffs View Post
    Thanks Neil,
    My shooting buddy has a 'satin' finish on his (maybe bead blasted) which looks good although i take the point on selection as i used to have a MiniT myself once.
    Cheers again,
    Chris
    Julian bead blasted my T12 so it matched the stainless barrel on my .223 X-Bolt, but it was still a nightmare for reflections.
    The new mini T appears to have an extra baffle or two as it no longer comes back so far over the barrel, maybe 80 mm instead of 100.
    Having actually seen inside a few Pess mods, I reckon it has two extra baffles, I have it on very good authority people are using the new Mini T on .223's
    I shall use it on my .222 as well, just so long as takes the worst of the bang away I will be happy, on the Hornet it is very good.
    At less than 400 grams there is little to beat it for size, weight and effectiveness in stainless steel on the market, price was very good as well.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    ...I ended up with a Mini-T which from all we tried out, yes you can try them on the premises, was the quietest.
    Hi Neil,
    I've just spoke to Julian and he thinks the mini target maybe suitable as its 'over barrel' and would suit a varmint barrel. He needs to nip to the gunroom to see if he has one in .204/.17. I'll update the thread accordingly
    Many thanks,
    Chris

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    maffs

what mod is that you have now mate, and what cal is it

thank you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    maffs

what mod is that you have now mate, and what cal is it

thank you

bob.
    Its a pred 8 with a .22 insert although i have a 243 insert somewhere

Would also be looking for a Mini Target Now

Quote Originally Posted by maffs View Post
    Hi Neil,
    I've just spoke to Julian and he thinks the mini target maybe suitable as its 'over barrel' and would suit a varmint barrel. He needs to nip to the gunroom to see if he has one in .204/.17. I'll update the thread accordingly
    Many thanks,
    Chris
    I have the Mini-T, not the Mini-Target.
    Two different mods, Mini-Target is more expensive and bigger/heavier.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I have the Mini-T, not the Mini-Target.
    Two different mods, Mini-Target is more expensive and bigger/heavier.

Neil.
    I know, the Mini -T is for those 'wimpy' light barrels not for the varmint ones
    Appreciate your help Neil and I'll mention to Julian when i phone him back that you pointed me in his direction
    Thanks,
    Chris