swarovski range finders

sakoson

swarovski range finder binos

Has anyone bought a pair of the new binos,i had seen a pair in local shop and noticed the buttons to operate them were on the left.Just thought a bit unusual as most people are right handed and usually wear gloves with the trigger finger or do they come with the buttons on the right as well.

Last edited:
I think they've stuck it on the left so that the predominantly right handed masses can still use their master finger for the focussing wheel mate. Had mine for a week or so and it's been no problem. The button is easily operated and you only need to press it once to ping a range, unlike every other RF I've used where you wake it up with one press and then press again to get your range. If you've got the money and you can justify them go for some mate.

I thought exactly the same thing about the range-finding button when I first saw them. I asked the rep on the stand at the game fair and he said they are designed that way because people who are using them whilst shooting a rifle, will have the gun in the shoulder, with the trigger hand on the rifle ready to fire, and still be able to range the target with the bins in the left hand!!!!! I guess they never talked to real stalkers or hunters about that one. In any case I was so impressed with them that, despite the button being in a daft place, I bought a pair anyway. Excellent. Would definitely recommend (albeit a tad expensive!!!). Rangefinder gets out way further than my Leica 1200 and the clarity of the bins is as you would expect from a pair of swaros. I can tell no difference in quality of glass between them and the EL HD's. Also very little difference in weight between my old 10x42EL and the new range version. Better eye cups on the new ones too. The angle compensator feature is excellent also, but I've not had the opportunity to test it properly in the field yet.

I thought exactly the same thing about the range-finding button when I first saw them. I asked the rep on the stand at the game fair and he said they are designed that way because people who are using them whilst shooting a rifle, will have the gun in the shoulder, with the trigger hand on the rifle ready to fire, and still be able to range the target with the bins in the left hand!!!!! I guess they never talked to real stalkers or hunters about that one. In any case I was so impressed with them that, despite the button being in a daft place, I bought a pair anyway. Excellent. Would definitely recommend (albeit a tad expensive!!!). Rangefinder gets out way further than my Leica 1200 and the clarity of the bins is as you would expect from a pair of swaros. I can tell no difference in quality of glass between them and the EL HD's. Also very little difference in weight between my old 10x42EL and the new range version. Better eye cups on the new ones too. The angle compensator feature is excellent also, but I've not had the opportunity to test it properly in the field yet.

Depends on who you spoke to, but there are a couple of Very experienced stalkers who work for Swaro at the game fairs and back in Austria. Why do you think that their gear is so good for what we do? Developed through the experience of people like us by a company that spares no expense. If they set their minds to it they could breed dinosaurs from a mosquitos asrehole.....:D

I spoke to the sales guy on the swarovski stand who was wearing a swarovski fleece. Oh and I wasn't in Austria.

Right finger focuses while the left ranges, simple and works well. Swarovski bino's and rangefinder!! you can't go wrong.

Back