Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heckling/Unhelpful Posts in Classifieds/Shooting Available Ads

Exclamation Heckling/Unhelpful Posts in Classifieds/Shooting Available Ads

It seems some people are still not getting it. So here it is again...

It's becoming tedious having to remove unhelpful, heckling posts from adverts.

Do not reply to people's adverts unless you intend to post a question about the item, or make a helpful comment to add information about the item or otherwise assist the sale.

examples of unhelpful comments include: "Your price is too high", "I can get it cheaper from XXX", "You should never have bought the dog" etc.

If you have a genuine grievance about an advert or concerns about the item or seller then use the report post function. It is the button under the post which looks like this:

Unhelpful posts will be removed and if they continue the account in question will be suspended.

well its about time, when i get an idiotic reply i just ignore them,,,,but some people do like a row.

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

CSL I think if stalking or equipment is to high in price compared to what is the normal that point should be brought to the membership. This is especially important to new stalker who might be ripped off because of there lack of knowledge. But i do think that if some one thinks a price is to high or feel an advert is misleading they should be able to substantiate there comment.

I have to agree in a certain degree here, but there is a way of politely informing the uninformed.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    It seems some people are still not getting it. So here it is again...

It's becoming tedious having to remove unhelpful, heckling posts from adverts.

Do not reply to people's adverts unless you intend to post a question about the item, or make a helpful comment to add information about the item or otherwise assist the sale.

examples of unhelpful comments include: "Your price is too high", "I can get it cheaper from XXX", "You should never have bought the dog" etc.

If you have a genuine grievance about an advert or concerns about the item or seller then use the report post function. It is the button under the post which looks like this:

Unhelpful posts will be removed and if they continue the account in question will be suspended.

I can only reiterate what my colleague has posted. We are all rather tired of these particular repeated posts. We do try and moderate the site everyday, but all three of the site owners do have lives to live and businesses to run. However please let me repeat what Alex has already posted. Any further questioning of price etc which is derogitory will be removed along with the person that posted it. Also anyone that decides to be abusive to any of the Admin team or other members of the site will also be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    CSL I think if stalking or equipment is to high in price compared to what is the normal that point should be brought to the membership. This is especially important to new stalker who might be ripped off because of there lack of knowledge. But i do think that if some one thinks a price is to high or feel an advert is misleading they should be able to substantiate there comment.
    All very noble in principle but in reality what is happening is people are being scared off from posting stalking opportunities or items for sale because of what has gone on in with other adverts.

We want to encourage more opportunities to be posted. The more that are posted on the site the more obvious the over-priced ones will be because it will enable comparison and choice.

What should happen is that over priced adverts will get little interest and drop off the bottom rather than what is happening now - everyone diving in, grilling the poster and keeping the thread active at the top of the list and bumping all the good ones down.

Therefore, no heckling or posting unhelpful comments in adverts.

You could inform them by private message, no one is any the wiser.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Basil i dont think it could be done that way mate lol.I know i am good but i cant read every ones minds how do i know who will be taken in a buy a product that is not the real deal. Why not just lock each post in the advertising section and if any one wants to know anything they can PM the advertisers.

Why not just lock each post in the advertising section and if any one wants to know anything they can PM the advertisers.
    Simples!!
    That must be the solution.
    Cheers
    Richard

+1
    Were here to look out for each other
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...