Heckling/Unhelpful Posts in Classifieds/Shooting Available Ads

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
It seems some people are still not getting it. So here it is again...

It's becoming tedious having to remove unhelpful, heckling posts from adverts.

Do not reply to people's adverts unless you intend to post a question about the item, or make a helpful comment to add information about the item or otherwise assist the sale.

examples of unhelpful comments include: "Your price is too high", "I can get it cheaper from XXX", "You should never have bought the dog" etc.

If you have a genuine grievance about an advert or concerns about the item or seller then use the report post function. It is the button under the post which looks like this:
report-40b.png

Unhelpful posts will be removed and if they continue the account in question will be suspended.

well its about time, when i get an idiotic reply i just ignore them,,,,but some people do like a row.

paul

CSL I think if stalking or equipment is to high in price compared to what is the normal that point should be brought to the membership. This is especially important to new stalker who might be ripped off because of there lack of knowledge. But i do think that if some one thinks a price is to high or feel an advert is misleading they should be able to substantiate there comment.

It seems some people are still not getting it. So here it is again...

It's becoming tedious having to remove unhelpful, heckling posts from adverts.

Do not reply to people's adverts unless you intend to post a question about the item, or make a helpful comment to add information about the item or otherwise assist the sale.

examples of unhelpful comments include: "Your price is too high", "I can get it cheaper from XXX", "You should never have bought the dog" etc.

If you have a genuine grievance about an advert or concerns about the item or seller then use the report post function. It is the button under the post which looks like this:
report-40b.png

Unhelpful posts will be removed and if they continue the account in question will be suspended.

I can only reiterate what my colleague has posted. We are all rather tired of these particular repeated posts. We do try and moderate the site everyday, but all three of the site owners do have lives to live and businesses to run. However please let me repeat what Alex has already posted. Any further questioning of price etc which is derogitory will be removed along with the person that posted it. Also anyone that decides to be abusive to any of the Admin team or other members of the site will also be removed.

CSL I think if stalking or equipment is to high in price compared to what is the normal that point should be brought to the membership. This is especially important to new stalker who might be ripped off because of there lack of knowledge. But i do think that if some one thinks a price is to high or feel an advert is misleading they should be able to substantiate there comment.
All very noble in principle but in reality what is happening is people are being scared off from posting stalking opportunities or items for sale because of what has gone on in with other adverts.

We want to encourage more opportunities to be posted. The more that are posted on the site the more obvious the over-priced ones will be because it will enable comparison and choice.

What should happen is that over priced adverts will get little interest and drop off the bottom rather than what is happening now - everyone diving in, grilling the poster and keeping the thread active at the top of the list and bumping all the good ones down.

Therefore, no heckling or posting unhelpful comments in adverts.

You could inform them by private message, no one is any the wiser.
basil.

Basil i dont think it could be done that way mate lol.I know i am good :love:but i cant read every ones minds how do i know who will be taken in a buy a product that is not the real deal. Why not just lock each post in the advertising section and if any one wants to know anything they can PM the advertisers.

+1
Were here to look out for each other

Certainly agree with that attitude.
Especially for anyone getting started ar trying tio find their feet in Stalking it helps to have a feel of the 'average' or 'reasonable' costs involved.
Whilst I also agree that offensive hectoring should be avoided at all costs, a valid point, made politely, would help many whether new or experienced.

Fraser

+1
Were here to look out for each other

After being warned in no uncertain terms about starting a "discusion" about prices on another advertising thread, I suggested that paid adverts should be locked and the only contact should be by PM. If they are adverts they should not be available to comment on.

ATB

I was recently selling some quality boots on SD at what I thought was a good price - well below retail. A member pointed out that a shop was selling them cheaper than i had listed them. Was I ****ed, yes - would I have liked to have known they were cheaper elsewhere if I was buying - yes. On balance I think it is better that people get the best bargains they can and if it's cheaper else where I have no problem with a member pointing it out, politely, to other members.

Just my opinion

Scrun

There's a mass of information on the web on prices both RRP and what some are selling for. Check it out and make your decision.Surely as adults we can sort this out for ourselves without input from others?

ok so what price is a very good price to shoot a Roe buck in Scotland what should we pay for a trophy what is a trophy is there a cull fee can i take the deer home do i tip will a bottle of the gold stuff do etc etc etc the list goes on now if we find some of the questions hard what on earth is a novice going to think.They come on this site and see advertising and it is a reflection of the site good or bad. Like Rake About said we all are here to learn but not by getting our pants pulled down unnecessarily.

Last edited:
ok so what price is a very good price to shoot a Roe buck in Scotland what should we pay for a trophy what is a trophy is there a cull fee can i take the deer home do i tip will a bottle of the gold stuff do etc etc etc the list goes on now if we find some of the questions hard what on earth is a novice going to think.They come on this site and see advertising and it is a reflection of the site good or bad. Like Rake About said we all are here to learn but not by getting our pants pulled down unnecessarily.

:thumb: Rake Aboot !!! ,, Abouts ma Sunday name !:lol:

Sounds like you're volunteering to write a buyers guide there Davy! ;)

Alex i know how difficult it is to stop bickering but we also need to remember it is a forum to help others. Bye the bye i have done enough writing of late to last me a life time :oops:

Alex ,Malcolm Sorry guys but it is human nature to moan and whine about the price of things everyone does it .

Look at the prices of stalking some places you pay for everything others it is itemised bill, per point to per stalk ,why not just a days stalking no matter what the client shoots you cannot eat antlers , as for putting them on the wall mmmm right .

Ive seen stuff on here priced as new, if you don't tell them about it where does the realistic pricing start and stop haggling is part of human nature.

Terry, summed it up were here to look after each other if you think someone is ripping the **** are you really going to stand back and see it happen surely not .

Why not tell the people moaning about it to dry there eyes and wipe there nose if they don't like the comment or what there being offered they don't have to sell it they could always put it on ebay or somewhere similar and get the realistic price after waiting however long .

It would be great if everyone would moan about the price of fuel to the powers at be but the don't why ????

Back