Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to stop binoculars from misting up when stalking

how to stop binoculars from misting up when stalking

whats the best way of stoping scope and binos from misting up

Don't breathe on them, I'm not taking the Michael here either!, keep your optics at the same temperature as the stalking ground, & limit the exposure of bino's to your eyelids / brows, & don't wear anything over your mouth / nose.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I agree entirely with above however there are times when suddendops n temp, increases in humidity etc result in misted optic. I have thought in the past about using anti fogging chemical like those for motorcycle visors but was wary about damaging expensive optics coatings.
    So i would be very intersted if anyone has used such things or has a trick method for preventing fogging.

Quote Originally Posted by jungaljohn View Post
    I agree entirely with above however there are times when suddendops n temp, increases in humidity etc result in misted optic. I have thought in the past about using anti fogging chemical like those for motorcycle visors but was wary about damaging expensive optics coatings.
    So i would be very intersted if anyone has used such things or has a trick method for preventing fogging.
    we used to put a very light wipe of washing up liquid on bike visors works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    we used to put a very light wipe of washing up liquid on bike visors works a treat.
    +1 used to smear a little washing up liquid inside motocross goggles. Not sure if it works on binos though

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Don't breathe on them, I'm not taking the Michael here either!, keep your optics at the same temperature as the stalking ground, & limit the exposure of bino's to your eyelids / brows, & don't wear anything over your mouth / nose.

Sorry Finn but the bit in bold is exactly the wrong way of stopping your Binos from misting up in cold weather, the trick is to keep your Binos at as close to your body temperature as possible the easiest way to achieve this is to keep them inside your coat went you don't have them to your eyes.

Remember to take off your objective covers otherwise you will eventually pull the off when pulling them out of your coat.

I agree with Fatbloke. David
    It's accuracy that kills.

bob heath visor spray is good ,atb wayne

+1 on the Bob Heath Visor Spray - works great and just a perfect size to put in the bag to be handy when needed.

Knots

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Sorry Finn but the bit in bold is exactly the wrong way of stopping your Binos from misting up in cold weather, the trick is to keep your Binos at as close to your body temperature as possible the easiest way to achieve this is to keep them inside your coat went you don't have them to your eyes.

Remember to take off your objective covers otherwise you will eventually pull the off when pulling them out of your coat.
    If I kept my bino's inside my Jacket, they'd have to go back to the makers first time!!!. like a sauna in mine!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!