Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help - Jammed semi auto s/g

Help - Jammed semi auto s/g

Used my knackered neglected Winchester semi last weekend and put it away. When I got it out to clean today the bolt won't pull back. I've taken the barrel off and have pushed it back on with a little force, but nothing happening . I was told by my local RFD that it wasnt cost effective repairing it the last time i had different problems with it. So either it's sort it myself or into the RFD's bin. Any ideas gratefully recieved - to repair it of course

Cheers

Scrun

you might find some information on this thread have look it might have your model on it

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...of-Gun-manuals

charlie

Soak it in diesel if there is rust to clear?

If I recall there is a tang which pivots or is joined on the back of the breach block that slides into a hole in the stock when the action is pulled back to cock the weapon, take the barrel of and pull the breach block forwards , the trigger is held in by two dowl pins that you knock through and that drops out , the gun is now stripped.
    Perhaps the pivot tang has siezed , if the tang isnt in the stock hole you can slide the breach in but cant cock the action .

Hope this helps.

Cheers

thats about right and the spring that runs inside the stock maybe worn or ceased

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    What model is it?
    Hiya alliS

Its a model 1400 - does that make any difference to the other advice given ?

Scrun

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Soak it in diesel if there is rust to clear?
    Laffin - it's not quite that neglected. Just doesnt get the same level of care as my rifles do.

Thanks for the advice tho

Scrun

Quote Originally Posted by charlie 1 View Post
    you might find some information on this thread have look it might have your model on it

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...of-Gun-manuals

charlie
    Cheers mate - will have a look

Scrun

Quote Originally Posted by Outback View Post
    If I recall there is a tang which pivots or is joined on the back of the breach block that slides into a hole in the stock when the action is pulled back to cock the weapon, take the barrel of and pull the breach block forwards , the trigger is held in by two dowl pins that you knock through and that drops out , the gun is now stripped.
    Perhaps the pivot tang has siezed , if the tang isnt in the stock hole you can slide the breach in but cant cock the action .

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Thanks Outback and Trouble - i'll have a go at this when I get the time. Tho I'm not optimistic - I failed CSE metalwork - infact I wasn't even allowed near the files incase I lost a finger .

Will let you know how many visits to casualty it takes

Cheers

Scrun