Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Help - Jammed semi auto s/g

  1. #1

    Help - Jammed semi auto s/g

    Used my knackered neglected Winchester semi last weekend and put it away. When I got it out to clean today the bolt won't pull back. I've taken the barrel off and have pushed it back on with a little force, but nothing happening . I was told by my local RFD that it wasnt cost effective repairing it the last time i had different problems with it. So either it's sort it myself or into the RFD's bin. Any ideas gratefully recieved - to repair it of course

    Cheers

    Scrun

  2. #2

  3. #3
    you might find some information on this thread have look it might have your model on it

    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...of-Gun-manuals

    charlie

  4. #4
    Soak it in diesel if there is rust to clear?

  5. #5
    If I recall there is a tang which pivots or is joined on the back of the breach block that slides into a hole in the stock when the action is pulled back to cock the weapon, take the barrel of and pull the breach block forwards , the trigger is held in by two dowl pins that you knock through and that drops out , the gun is now stripped.
    Perhaps the pivot tang has siezed , if the tang isnt in the stock hole you can slide the breach in but cant cock the action .

    Hope this helps.


    Cheers

  6. #6
    thats about right and the spring that runs inside the stock maybe worn or ceased

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    What model is it?
    Hiya alliS

    Its a model 1400 - does that make any difference to the other advice given ?

    Scrun

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Soak it in diesel if there is rust to clear?
    Laffin - it's not quite that neglected. Just doesnt get the same level of care as my rifles do.

    Thanks for the advice tho

    Scrun

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie 1 View Post
    you might find some information on this thread have look it might have your model on it

    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...of-Gun-manuals

    charlie
    Cheers mate - will have a look

    Scrun

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Outback View Post
    If I recall there is a tang which pivots or is joined on the back of the breach block that slides into a hole in the stock when the action is pulled back to cock the weapon, take the barrel of and pull the breach block forwards , the trigger is held in by two dowl pins that you knock through and that drops out , the gun is now stripped.
    Perhaps the pivot tang has siezed , if the tang isnt in the stock hole you can slide the breach in but cant cock the action .

    Hope this helps.


    Cheers
    Thanks Outback and Trouble - i'll have a go at this when I get the time. Tho I'm not optimistic - I failed CSE metalwork - infact I wasn't even allowed near the files incase I lost a finger .

    Will let you know how many visits to casualty it takes

    Cheers

    Scrun

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted semi auto 12g
    By MrYou in forum Firearms
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 22:01
  2. Semi auto rifle
    By Bavarianbrit in forum Wild Boar
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 20:24
  3. beretta semi auto
    By Roedinator in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-06-2009, 15:04
  4. Demon Semi Auto
    By Lloyd90 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 22:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •