Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Help stripping Sauer 200

  1. #1

    Help stripping Sauer 200

    I got my grubby little hands on a nice 200 recently. However when I tried to remove the woodwork I couldn't find any way of doing so. Looking at the securing mechanism for the front sling it looks as if there might be something down there - if so is there a special tool or what kind / size of Allen key etc do i need. If i'm barking up the wrong tree, can you point me at the right one

    Cheers

    Scrun

  2. #2
    Hi,

    Same as the Sauer 202. There is a long allan key, 27.5 cm long, with a space in the end to put another allan lkey to turn it. Put this down where the sling comes out and turn it and it will come off slowly. You will loose almost all of the long allan key down into the forend when you do it. Then put the same long allan key down the stock through the rubber butt pad and do the same. Finding the right place to get the stock off is frustrating sometimes as it takes a bit of prodding around!

    I would say getting a kit is essential as you probably wont find and allan key long enough. Size wise I don't know what size it is and it doesn't say on there. Garlands stock the kits at some extortionate price for what they are. Nothing else out there as a substitute. Will post some pics of the kit up if it helps.

  3. #3
    What you need is a long handled 5mm hex tee wrench.

    Remove the sling swivel at the foreend and insert the wrench, it'll be a slow process as the barrel gets in the way so you can only do a small amount at a time.

    Where the sauer logo is on the decelerator pad there should be a really small hole, the hex wrench goes in there to remove the butt stock.

    Any problems call Steve beaty at Ivythorn sporting, he'll put you right.


    here you go;

    http://www.uktools.com/5mm-handle-he...m-p-50708.html

    ATB
    Moses








    Last edited by moses; 06-02-2012 at 12:35.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Hi,

    Same as the Sauer 202. There is a long allan key, 27.5 cm long, with a space in the end to put another allan lkey to turn it. Put this down where the sling comes out and turn it and it will come off slowly. You will loose almost all of the long allan key down into the forend when you do it. Then put the same long allan key down the stock through the rubber butt pad and do the same. Finding the right place to get the stock off is frustrating sometimes as it takes a bit of prodding around!

    I would say getting a kit is essential as you probably wont find and allan key long enough. Size wise I don't know what size it is and it doesn't say on there. Garlands stock the kits at some extortionate price for what they are. Nothing else out there as a substitute. Will post some pics of the kit up if it helps.
    Sounds like another way of making money from the poor consumer. Tuppence to make 50 to buy ?

    Photo's would be great. Could you also put a measure against it so that I can gauge the length etc

    Appreciated mate

    Scrun

    Have anyone got one they'd hire out -

  5. #5
    If you make your way over to Nuneaton, you can use mine.

    One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    Sounds like another way of making money from the poor consumer. Tuppence to make 50 to buy ?

    Photo's would be great. Could you also put a measure against it so that I can gauge the length etc

    Appreciated mate

    Scrun

    Have anyone got one they'd hire out -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080182.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	475.5 KB 
ID:	12407
    I think they are under 30. There are three bits, the long piece, the red handled bit that fits in the top of the long bit to turn it, then the allan key bit that loosens the botls that keep the barrel in place. All included in the kit. Hope this helps.

    Couldn't lend it as I only have the one and essential if the rifle gets a soaking and needs the stock off to dry out etc. I am sure if you put a wanted add up in the classifieds someone may have one.....

    p.s. the other end of the red handled one is for unlocking or locking the bolt!
    Last edited by stalker.308; 06-02-2012 at 12:55. Reason: the other end of the red handled one

  7. #7
    For my Sauer 90, someone had just welded a long 'T' bar onto a straight section of Allen key. It didn't look great, but it did the trick. Regards JCS

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080182.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	475.5 KB 
ID:	12407
    I think they are under 30. There are three bits, the long piece, the red handled bit that fits in the top of the long bit to turn it, then the allan key bit that loosens the botls that keep the barrel in place. All included in the kit. Hope this helps.

    Couldn't lend it as I only have the one and essential if the rifle gets a soaking and needs the stock off to dry out etc. I am sure if you put a wanted add up in the classifieds someone may have one.....

    p.s. the other end of the red handled one is for unlocking or locking the bolt!
    Cheers mate - and understand why you want to keep your hands on it

    And thanks for the prompt photos too

    Scrun

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    For my Sauer 90, someone had just welded a long 'T' bar onto a straight section of Allen key. It didn't look great, but it did the trick. Regards JCS
    Good idea ! I don't care what it looks like either - it's gona live in my cabinet most of the time

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    If you make your way over to Nuneaton, you can use mine.
    Hiya mate. Thanks for the offer. If i'm passing i'll take you up on the offer. But I doubt I'll be making a special trip because it'll be crippling on petrol. 1.32 a litre !!!

    Have you seen Steves new website - www.dsctraining.org - would have been good to have up and running when we were taking our DSC

    ATB

    Andrew

Similar Threads

  1. Sauer 200/202 Magazine stripping??
    By TASR12 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 08:05
  2. Wanted magazine for a sauer 200 / 202
    By smudge262 in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 15:38
  3. Sauer 200 'special key'
    By TASR12 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31-05-2010, 05:03
  4. Picatinny rail onto a Sauer 200
    By TASR12 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-04-2010, 12:09
  5. Sauer 200 vs Sako 75.Finnbear in .270??
    By TASR12 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 08:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •