Thread: Harkila trysil

Harkila trysil

Recently bought a pair of these and found them very noisy.. Any of you who have them find the same problem. The trousers are good,nice fit excellent in bad weather but very noisy. It seems to be the goretex that making the noise not the outer fabric.

yes mate like wearing a bag of crisp's

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Terrible to pay that kind of money to sound like a plastic bag!

Does it look like they'll come soft with a bit more wear?

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    Does it look like they'll come soft with a bit more wear?
    Don't think they will I've wore them more than a dozen times and washed them aswell and still no good. Definitely would not buy another and would not buy another Harkila product again

its the gore-tex membrane rubbing against the outer and inter material.

Send them back to Harkila with a letter explaining your issue. Told a story by local shop when I was buying a pair of Harkila boots of a guy who had bought a pair and then, 3 months later, brought them back as one was leaking. Boots were returned to Harkila who promptly went into customer service overdrive and contacted the customer directly and invited him out to their factory to pick up a new pair of boots and so he could see for himself the care and attention that goes into their products. Apparently the family is very involved in product development and testing and see any complaint or failure of their stock as a huge embassment.

Got to be worth a punt ?

Lots of folk seem to get their jollies by knocking Harkila gear, often then referring to cheap stuff they have bought. The thing is lots of folk also omit to check out the stuff they buy is fit for their purpose. Lots of Harkila's gear that seems noisy is intended for static hunters waiting for boar or in a high seat for deer, also for walked up game where a little noise is no big deal. Not all country gear is stalking gear. There is a necessity for the purchaser and to a degree the vendor to ascertain the suitability of the kit for the purpose. If it rustles in the shop it will rustle outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    Lots of folk seem to get their jollies by knocking Harkila gear, often then referring to cheap stuff they have bought. The thing is lots of folk also omit to check out the stuff they buy is fit for their purpose. Lots of Harkila's gear that seems noisy is intended for static hunters waiting for boar or in a high seat for deer, also for walked up game where a little noise is no big deal. Not all country gear is stalking gear. There is a necessity for the purchaser and to a degree the vendor to ascertain the suitability of the kit for the purpose. If it rustles in the shop it will rustle outdoors.
    I'm not getting any JOLLIES as regards knocking them. I spent a lot of money on a product that said in their catalog that it is very quiet when it really sounds like a plastic bag

I bought the trysil jacket a few weeks ago and love it. Not been stalking in it yet but have been out walking in the small, quiet hours and I don't find it too noisy.