Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Bad Day Munty Stalking "A Total Mess"

Bad Bad Day Munty Stalking "A Total Mess"

So thank you to every one that replied the Munty Comming Out To Play, They do come out in the snow.

Well I was in a high seat at 7am and at first birds and vermin was all I saw. But at around 9 a munty appeared at a feeder 100 yrds or so. Took aim BANG was not worried about that one. Went to climb down and slipped fell 8/9 feet to the ground. Stood up another was 60 yards up the hill BANG sorted that too.
    Big mistake. Must have knocked my rifle I did land on it.
    I waked up to the second one shot, there was nothing left of it head and shoulder. Then the first one I shot blood everywhere but we could not find the dam thing. Thick heavy brambles all over the place but no luck. Never had a problem with the 25-06 till today.
    First i thought 120 gr bullet was too much, but looking for the first shot deer mybe not.

As I say yesterday not had much to do with Munties and to was a disaster and worse it was the first deer I have ever lost.
    Bummer! Crap Day Crap Shot

sorry to hear of your bad day..I have to admit, if I fell 8-9ft out of a highseat or on the way down, I'd be taking a control-shot with the rifle before pointing it at anything living - however, it's easy to be wise in hindsight!

Like I said Big Mistake.
    Dont know what happened today I shoot alot of deer, but I vapourised this munty. May be my rifle is off but I could have put money on the first deer there was no reason why I did not flatten it.
    Hay Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Like I said Big Mistake.
    Dont know what happened today I shoot alot of deer, but I vapourised this munty. May be my rifle is off but I could have put money on the first deer there was no reason why I did not flatten it.
    Hay Ho
    least you dident end up with anything broken mate
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Are you sure that it wasn't the same deer and you shot it twice that would also account for the amount of damage?

talking to a friend of mine today. He shot a muntie yesterday went 50 yds with massive blood trail and when found it had beed text book heart shot. I suspect 1st one is in those brambles dead. Just check your zero and crack on, dont dwell too much on this.

Really sorry to hear the day went badly. When you consider their size they can be tuff little buggers. Also as you kind of pointed out, if there is thick bramble nearby they will disapear beneath it. Unlike larger Deer who will go over the top leaving more trace to follow, and bigger mass to spot.

Don't be put of they are a fantastic sport.

As said. Get on the range until your happy again and then go after another deer. Even the most experienced stalkers can have a bad day! Just a thought - it might have been an opportunity to use the deer dog register on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Are you sure that it wasn't the same deer and you shot it twice that would also account for the amount of damage?
    ha ha,, probably was! no disrespect,,talk about taking two to the chest!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    sadly it does happen bud but chin up, check all is ok, and crack on.

hope all turns out well.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube