Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying for my first boar

Trying for my first boar

I'm out tonight in East Sussex up a high seat under the full moon trying (second attempt) for my first boar with a mate. He has been feeding wheat for a week and says there is lots of activity and some biggies. He (quite rightly I reckon) doesn't use NV so needs the moon.

I will have so many socks and gloves on in the -4 forecast I might struggle to cross all fingers and toes!

Will let you know how I get on.

Nick

I'm out on my first outting tomorrow night! Good hunting Nick!

Scrummy

Very best of luck to both of you, and good hunting.

Knots

no nv good on you the right way to hunt boar no sport with nv just murder

Thanks for your good wishes, they worked, I got one, chuffed to bits, it was very exciting. Write up and pics to follow. Yes, b&d just the full moon and a S&B 8x56, with the snow and clear sky it was like daylight Good luck tonight Scrumbag.
    Nick

if you dont mind me asking where abouts in sussex are you shooting them

Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    I'm out tonight in East Sussex up a high seat under the full moon trying (second attempt) for my first boar with a mate. He has been feeding wheat for a week and says there is lots of activity and some biggies. He (quite rightly I reckon) doesn't use NV so needs the moon.

Nick
    So .... a week of ground-baiting, and an ambush. Continue with the training, and in time they'll come to the dinner gong..... and the use of NV is unsporting?

I don't get this.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

nv can be used i pitch black so the boar can not see you and you can see the when the moon is up it is fare game to many people in east sussex buy a nv sight and a silencer put them on the .222 or .223 and shoot as many as the can just for the money from the meat if they put the time in a hunt boar with respect that is sport i have spoke to people who say in 4 weeks they shoot anothe boar to pay for the scope because they can pic out the biggest pig which are always in pig funny that init i hate non sporting hunters so if you want to come back with some defending comment i hope you have first hand expirence of what you are taking about BUT WELL DONE TO NICK FOR A SPORTING HUNT and sorry for the spelling