jahti jakt clothing

nemo

im fancying a new rigout and am tempted by these offers ,has anyone had any experience? good or bad what are the water proof properties and durability like?

No problems with mine over the last few years. You should find plenty of other good reviews on previous posts on here. Would definately buy again.

Just finished stitching crotch on mine - possibly too much info?:D

Got a Pro set about 4 or 5 years ago. Unbelievable value at the time - think it was about £140 for effectively a complete wardrobe. Think they are circa £240 now?

Baddest thing I can say about mine is that the green was just a couple of shades too dark and as with most Scandinavian stuff, my waist should be matched with 38" legs! From fairly regular and occasionally stupidly heavy use, main jacket still keeps water out and looks good.

Odd seam parts eventually and ripped crotch on barbed wire - and its my ham fisted stitching that fails, not the original.

Fleece that came with it was bomb proof.

Breathability - subject to the recent posts flying around about the subject - was always ok - in fact much better than most - and I am a one man sauna unit. Jacket has decent under arm vents - which work a dream. For me thats the aspect that turns me off from Ridgeline - which looks to be possibly nearest competitor to look at.

Whole is designed to work as a layered system - so not the warmest jacket as a standalone - but that suits me just fine.

In fact only thing stopping me going for another is I prefer Ridgeline look ( call me fashionista! ) - but lack of vent a turn off - and I have actually written to Jakti hoping to persuade then to do a lighter shade.

Finally - the midge net that came with it has alone paid back the original cost five times over!

im fancying a new rigout and am tempted by these offers ,has anyone had any experience? good or bad what are the water proof properties and durability like?

Which set you looking at mate and how much you looking to spend as I think there is better for the moneyi would say

I bought a set 3 years ago. No complaints here at all.

The fleece jacket is so comfortable. I've got 2 and the first one has been almost worn to death :D

The thermals that come with the set are much better quality than some of the "sporty" breathable thermals that are available.

I've worn mine in various conditions, even lying prone in the snow to take a shot, and it hasn't leaked either water or let the cold in.

Very pleased with it.

As someone else said above, crotch is a bit of a weak point, for that matter so are all the seams and just about everywhere else on the trousers. Ok so the jacket is ok, as is the fleace and thermals etc, but I went through two pairs of the trousers within a year! I found the material on the trousers is far too thin and the lining on the trousers is very very scratchy as it breaks down and gets worn.

Harkila Pro Hunter all the way now for me. Such a thick material have never managed to rip trousers or jacket.

I've had two suits cammo and premium worn the cammo out by ripping trousers once too many times. General wear and tear coped well and I think the pattern is excellent. The layer system I use a the time and I've pigeon shot, beat, loads of stalking, general dog walking, school run etc etc. I have also contacted manufacture as the inside of cammo was white on
The suit I brought. They may have changed design. The seat cover I got with mine I'm using every day.
I'm toying with the idea of getting a snow suit but as I don't do the hill think its a waste of money. On the whole I'd you said would I but again I would not hesitate. I've got deer hunter, duck dri and beaver shooting shoots and the one I wear most is the Jakt suit hence why I worn one and almost second suit out.

thanks for that lads, a very varied reply,exactiy why this forum is so popular cheers nemo. oh and i think ill get the pro suit

Back