Thread: Any members of the British Sporting Rifle Club here?

Any members of the British Sporting Rifle Club here?

Good morning everyone.

I'd like to join the British Sporting Rifle Club in Bisley to gain more experience on stalking rifles (I've done lots of target rifle shooting but it's not the same), as well as to assist an eventual FAC application. According to the website, I need to be proposed ans seconded by two existing members, but don't know any, which makes it a bit tricky. I emailed the secretary a week ago but haven't had an answer.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help with this. Thanks!

Lawrence.

Not currently, but I didn't know anyone when I joined. Best thing to do is to go along to one of their club days and speak to the club officials there. That's how I did it. I think there is one a week on Saturday.

Thanks!

I'll be at my DSC1 course that day, but I'll make a point of turning up on another club day. Is there an event calendar on the website?

Not sure. The club matches used to be on the 1st Sunday of every month and that is probably your best chance of catching the right people...

1st sunday of each month come on down and i will introduce you to chairman( he is a bit slow on the e mail front) been a member for about 8 years now and its worked wonders on my shooting im not to much into the running stuff but the statics are good practice.

Thanks for the offer, I should be able to make the March one, otherwise the next. I'll drop you a PM closer to the date. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Good morning everyone.

I'd like to join the British Sporting Rifle Club in Bisley to gain more experience on stalking rifles (I've done lots of target rifle shooting but it's not the same), as well as to assist an eventual FAC application. According to the website, I need to be proposed ans seconded by two existing members, but don't know any, which makes it a bit tricky. I emailed the secretary a week ago but haven't had an answer.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help with this. Thanks!

Lawrence.
    Hi Lawrence

You have to be put forward to become a member I believe, however if you want to come long to one of the range days that the British Deer Society put on at the British Sporting Rifle range where there will be BSR members, we have a day on the 29th April just check the BDS website for updates. You just need to be a BDS member, if you have your range comp cert all well and good but you can be mentored for the day. Membership packs will be available on the day... see Linda