Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting across (over the top of) common land

Shooting across (over the top of) common land

My permision is L shaped and surrounded by common land. The best view I have of where the deer enter the wood is from the little leg of the L shape across to the big leg of the L.....However this looks over 10-20m of common land. Would I be committing an offence if I shot 'over' the few meters of common land? I suspect yes, but would appreciate your opinions.

Regards

What about getting a gun that shoots round corners and eliminating the need for concern?

Where do people think these questions up from, you own the air space above your home, do you think you can charge virgin and ba for flying through it. The main aspect would be safety has you have no control over that land. As to the answer to the original question you would have to ask a lawyer.

Technically the projectile must not leave your boundary, but how could it ever be proved where the shot was taken from?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

si is on the money your bullet needs to stay in your land end of

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    What about getting a gun that shoots round corners and eliminating the need for concern?
    Yup, he needs a 'Krummlauf' Sturmgewehr 44

Attachment 12514

Attachment 12515

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yup, he needs a 'Krummlauf' Sturmgewehr 44

Attachment 12514

Attachment 12515
    Only prob was the barrels didn't last very long and the bullets tended to shatter so you'd end up with the shotgun effect - a bugger if you're shooting deer, but ok for the PBI

Didn't Clinton have one shaped like that ?

As I though.....I'll have another look at where I can get a similar view without rounds exiting my boundaries!!

What about the law that says you can shoot on a right of way, or public road if it crosses your permission, wouldn`t this be the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    What about the law that says you can shoot on a right of way, or public road if it crosses your permission, wouldn`t this be the same ?
    If memory serves me correct the public right of way will normally be owned the landowner over whose land it crosses and so will the shooting rights
    Common land will be owned by someone and also so will be the shooting rights
    You will need to obtain permission of the person who owns the shooting rights if you want to shoot on or over common land, or along those lines