Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500 or i wont go to work so there

500 or i wont go to work so there

Hi,

Seems that London tubes will be on strike during the Olympics,
    Tube staff via the union have demanded a 500 bounty for turning up for work during the Olympics.
    yes you read it right they are asking for an extra 500 just to turn up as normal for work because it will be very busy?? yep the union wants extra bonus for working and been busy.

I seriously don't know what this country is coming too....

f,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16785576
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 08-02-2012 at 15:39. Reason: link attached

interesting! if I said that to my boss, his would reply would be simple - then don't turn up for work..again.

As usual you'll not get the full story from a syndicated news article doing the rounds.

Far from getting the 'bonus' just for turning up to work - they're not bankers after all - it's a one-off payment to cover them for working outside of their contracts of employment during the period of the Olympics. Mainly to ensure continuity of LU services by them working flexible hours. And they are not the only transport infrastructure workers to be offered such a payment - DLR have already signed on 1140 with their staff. All we are seeing is negotiations between the employer and the union being acted out through the media, and depending on which rag you favour it will either put a union bashing slant on the story or favour the workers.

If my employer wanted me to radically alter my contract of employment, (albeit tempoarily), I think I might want some compensation for it - wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Orion; 08-02-2012 at 16:18.

Along similar lines

Trying to leave the loading bay area of a well known supermarket chain the person i asked to let me out replied they hadnt been trained in undoing the padlock on the exit gates and would get someone that had.

wheres it all going to end
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    As usual you'll not get the full story from a syndicated news article doing the rounds.

Far from getting the 'bonus' just for turning up to work - they're not bankers after all - it's a one-off payment to cover them for working outside of their contracts of employment during the period of the Olympics. Mainly to ensure continuity of LU services by them working flexible hours. And they are not the only transport infrastructure workers to be offered such a payment - DLR have already signed on 1140 with their staff. All we are seeing is negotiations between the employer and the union being acted out through the media, and depending on which rag you favour it will either put a union bashing slant on the story or favour the workers.

If my employer wanted me to radically alter my contract of employment, (albeit tempoarily), I think I might want some compensation for it - wouldn't you?
    Even more so if my boss was to take a 336k bonus, but hey hes giving it back. My last boss only took 1 million bonus, funny because i have never seen him out on track with the lads
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

firstly i think everyone in work should be happy and stop winging about a few hour changes or a new shift pattern for 12 weeks
    secondly i do wish a sensible guy draws up the next contract that wont allow anyone to hold a gun to our heads for a ten minute tea break or implementing a temporary work schedule and heh, a hard days work.

doesn't matter what way you put it or what paper its in that's the facts..
    don't blame the union cos they want 1500 compensation no sorry bonus....

Orion all public sector workers have had there contracts altered without any compensation,I have lost half a days wages every week, no compo no discussion you want to save your jobs this is what you have to do. These people want to realize the state the countries in, and before you think I am a union basher, I was a TGWU shop Stewart for several years and got fed up of the unions costing us jobs.

I think that a lot of people look at this the wrong way around: if they're able to collectively bargain for better working conditions, good for them! It's a shame that most of us can't, but it wouldn't help our case if they couldn't any more. The conclusion should be that we should all aspire to better working conditions, not wish worse ones on others.

Quote Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
    Even more so if my boss was to take a 336k bonus, but hey hes giving it back. My last boss only took 1 million bonus, funny because i have never seen him out on track with the lads
    Talking of which.

I think Stephen Hester should have grown some balls and taken his RBS bonus despite the pretend afront from the Government........................................ ..........

and then donated it all to a charity of his choice. Can't think of a better way to enrage man of the people Dave 'were all in it together' Cameron and his front bench of millionaires.

Terms of employment/contract are specifically drawn up for the job in hand. Anything special working outside of the agreed terms is negotiated and compensated. Saying, "No bother we'll just crack on" when working for industry is asking for trouble long term and I would expect to see an erosion of worker rights over a period of years.

Having said that, in other work such as stalking/estate work I would suggest this would never even be an issue- it would just get done.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian