Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First clean buck of 2012

First clean buck of 2012

Out and about today I spotted three roe grazing on one of the few patches of corn showing through the snow stopping for a more detailed look the young buck showed a nice head with clean antlers, later today I also saw another three the buck in that group was clearly still in full velvet.
    Seems very early to see a clean buck but I have never kept a note in previous years what do others think.

It is very early indeed but i spoke to a chap today who said he saw a buck that was definitely cleaning its antlers. I expect to get some more growth on my bucks i hope they don't clean till the middle of march.

Thought so they were small but nicely formed. saw a buck on sat when out with tony c it was a big animal.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    It is very early indeed but i spoke to a chap today who said he saw a buck that was definitely cleaning its antlers. I expect to get some more growth on my bucks i hope they don't clean till the middle of march.

bit grainy that picture,
    you a bit shakey,
    where's that exactly ?

clean buck

I saw my first clean buck on beaters day last week. that's the earliest i've seen a buck clean.
    and also saw a nice buck still in full velvet he looked huge bu they always do in velvet, we will have to wait and see how he turns out .

Frank that picture was took at first light you can see the street lights are still on It is just behind Drumchaple sports centre. But the shot was not safe lol
    Is this a wee bit beter really nice buck n that picture

nice second pic 6P when were they taken we have more snow down here even now but the frezzing for has gone at last only thing stopping me getting out is I dropped a starter motor on my foot so can hardly walk

The first grainy picture was a month ago but the last one was the cold spell last year. Its the same area.

Very nice pic 6pointer, worthy of a painting based on the snow and sharpness of the deer

Account Suspended
    Cracking picture there Fella.

atb Heugal