Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro carp in Oz,scourge of the waterways.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

Euro carp in Oz,scourge of the waterways.

I know you blokes love them as coarse fish but they are worse than rats in Oz.

Bloody mongrel carp,you can tell which creek hole has a few as the water is cloudy and murky,whereas other hole`s upstream are clear. They do wreck our water as you know with their mud sucking habits.
    Saw a few in the creek yesterday so I went home grabbed the .22 and sneaked along for 11 confirmed kills of fish all around 3 pounds and one 'not sure' so its a only a possible.
    A very relaxing evening stroll and as having the sun behind me and from a 6' bank above the water there was an element of stalking for a crack at them...honing up for some larger autumn /winter game soon.

Well that is a new take on vermin control.
    It's accuracy that kills.

Deer Dog Available
    Fisheruk its been done down here for what seems ever,I can go back to my teens in shooting them.Places where they were once very thick were times of not being able to carry enough ammo for them. They really are as bad as a cane toad.

Deer Dog Available
    A couple of pics of the river rats I shot from about two years ago

I recall a documentary where caro were being shot with bow's with a line to ensure they were recovered.

What you need is some European's. They treat carp as a delicacy in some area's.

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    I recall a documentary where caro were being shot with bow's with a line to ensure they were recovered.

What you need is some European's. They treat carp as a delicacy in some area's.
    There is a lake on land where I shoot regularly which is stuffed with Carp, we have problems with Eastern Europeans poaching the fish at night, particularly before Christmas because they consider them a delicacy. My problem is that they break up my hides to use the tarps as shelters to fish under as concealment and rain protection.
    It's accuracy that kills.

This is how the yanks do it. .Put bowfishing into youtube seach loads come up. Carp are a real problem in some of the lakes just look at the numbers jumping

Deer Dog Available
    We have enough Europeans here thanks..and Muslims etc etc

steve I have seen that vid previously. Numbers here at their best would give two blokes 20 tons of carp in a mornings electrofishing.

John I understand its illegal to put carp back alive after they have been caught in Aus

I like to sit on the bridge over the big muddy on the levy road Illinois and shoot the carp, the turkey buzards get a good feed.