Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Application for FAC (speeding fines?)

  1. #1

    Application for FAC (speeding fines?)

    Hi there,
    Yet another question regarding filling out the FAC application form.
    Just the section where it mentions convictions - I have never been to court for anything but have over the years of driving been done for speeding with a fixed penalty and the standard 3 points. This has happened to me a couple of times a few years ago, points all off my licence now and i don't have a record of the details.
    1) do i have to put these speeding fines on the form?
    2) if so is there a way i can find out the details easily?

    Thanks for any help.
    MIke

  2. #2
    put them on the form, if you can't remember the exact date put an approximate date and say its approximate, if you have any doubts as to how many, just say you are not sure because of the passage of time, its not an exam, but they are expecting you to be honest.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

  3. #3
    Omit nothing. A non criminal matter will not prevent the issue of a ticket but withholding any non criminal matters will.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

  4. #4
    As above. Put them all on e.g. "speeding, ~Jan 1990, Sp30, fixed penalty, 3 pts"

    It's as much a test of your honesty as anything else.

  5. #5
    Put them on, I had 6 points for speeding and put them down. You want to show that you are honest and responsible, if you omitt them and they find out I suspect that will cause more issues.

  6. #6
    Put them all on, no such thing as spent convictions with regards to fac!! I was in the process of getting charged for dangerous driving (Caught speeding when young and silly) when I was applying for my certificate and nothing was said at all. got my certificate after seven weeks of first applying too!!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by widu13 View Post
    Omit nothing. A non criminal matter will not prevent the issue of a ticket but withholding any non criminal matters will.
    That's not what my firearms department say I specifically phoned them up and asked them and they said they must go on there I've got 9 points and put on my application speeding 2009 9 points not sure of date as I can't find my paper part of my license hey said if you don't put them on there and you get found out your deliberately with holding information which is an offence and is grounds for refusal this was Norfolk firearms dept 2 months ago

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    That's not what my firearms department say I specifically phoned them up and asked them and they said they must go on there I've got 9 points and put on my application speeding 2009 9 points not sure of date as I can't find my paper part of my license hey said if you don't put them on there and you get found out your deliberately with holding information which is an offence and is grounds for refusal this was Norfolk firearms dept 2 months ago
    ?? He said "OMIT NOTHING ", I.e. Tell them everything.

  9. #9
    SP30 is a fixed penalty notice.

    It isn't a 'conviction' as that can only be imposed by a court ... if for instance you'd elected to challenge the speeding notice, taken it to trial, and subsequently been found guilty.

    There's no record of these on your CRO. I've only had one SP30, but didn't list it. If it bothers you, put it down. It won't make any difference either way.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    SP30 is a fixed penalty notice.

    It isn't a 'conviction' as that can only be imposed by a court ... if for instance you'd elected to challenge the speeding notice, taken it to trial, and subsequently been found guilty.

    There's no record of these on your CRO. I've only had one SP30, but didn't list it. If it bothers you, put it down. It won't make any difference either way.
    That would make it alot easier! Just sent an email to the DVLA though to see if they can provide the details... i'll put them in if i get them. Not bothered about them being on there as they're only sp30's and a few years ago, it's just bothering me not being able to be specific (don't want to put something innacurate down by mistake).

Similar Threads

  1. Mentor for FAc application
    By Tikka in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 17:00
  2. FAC Application
    By Miroku6000 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-05-2011, 20:48
  3. FAC application
    By Dorsetvetstudent in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-09-2010, 23:28
  4. FAC application
    By kennyc in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 17:45
  5. FAC Application
    By Tom270 in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-11-2009, 21:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •