Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well at least we won't get stuck tonight! Oh........hang on a mo'.......

Well at least we won't get stuck tonight! Oh........hang on a mo'.......

.....you know how the ground is rock solid EVERYWHERE right now?
    Well last night whilst out foxing I managed to find about the only bit in Lancashire that isn't.....

We were trundling around a paddock quite happily when all of a sudden the truck sank on the spot.....well and truly bogged. We tried this and that, forwards and backwards, stones and stuff under the tyres....we weren't going anywhere!

Luckily my lamping mate is a farmer, and we just happened to be quite near his farm, so he went back for a tractor to heave me out . Really didn't expect to hit a soft spot, especially as it was minus stupid last night.

And before anyone asks, the truck in question is a Nissan Terrano, and at least one member off this site - you know who you are! - has already suggested that I wouldn't have got stuck if I'd been in a LandRover. Hmmmm.....

The rub of it is that we didn't even clobber a fox last night. Doh!!!!!!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    And before anyone asks, the truck in question is a Nissan Terrano, and at least one member off this site - you know who you are! - has already suggested that I wouldn't have got stuck if I'd been in a LandRover. Hmmmm.....
    No, they are absolutely correct. You wouldn't have got stuck if you'd been driving a Land Rover because you'd have been broken down at the side of the road about quarter of a mile from your house.

Last four Landrover / Disco's, Ive had, cost me the princely sum of two interior bulbs & a couple of wiper blades to stay legal, not bad for around ten years of motoring?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That's nothing last year I told the driver who was driving for us. Go through that gateway its alright the ditch finishes further back its just long grass as I said that we drove straight into the ditch. And I'm meant to be the keeper . Guess who had a long walk back to the farm to get the loader to pull it out. I still get reminded of it that ditch is now called daihatsu corner

SD Regular
    Has the same situation at the weekend , frozen ground , came to a well known wet spot engine tone dropped a touch with the size 10 and the LANDROVER DISCO 3 came out sweet as a nut . Then got a puncture
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    .....you know how the ground is rock solid EVERYWHERE right now?
    Well last night whilst out foxing I managed to find about the only bit in Lancashire that isn't.....

We were trundling around a paddock quite happily when all of a sudden the truck sank on the spot.....well and truly bogged. We tried this and that, forwards and backwards, stones and stuff under the tyres....we weren't going anywhere!

Luckily my lamping mate is a farmer, and we just happened to be quite near his farm, so he went back for a tractor to heave me out . Really didn't expect to hit a soft spot, especially as it was minus stupid last night.

The rub of it is that we didn't even clobber a fox last night. Doh!!!!!!

Yeh Landrovers never get stuck....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19-03@-09-57-20-iPhone_3GS.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	441.0 KB 
ID:	12543

Colin.

We took a Nissan terrano swb around ash ranges, it was good to watch the army land rovers struggle to follow.

....seems to me it is the drivers that get the vehicles stuck, not the attributes of the vehicle
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

Easy done. IMO there is no better off road motor than a Defender and the Terrano has not been built that could come anywhere near one off road. All 4x4s including Defenders can get stuck as Arthursc's picture shows but look at the tyres, no wonder it got stuck. Getting stuck is usually all down to tyres and driver error. Done it, been there, bought the winch.

they have not developed a vehicle that has four wheels that cant be stuck ??? have they