Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swarovski bino info

swarovski bino info

been in the bino shop today as im looking for a new set of binos and ive basically come to the decicion that i might as well buy top of the range than to buy a middle of the road set only to upgrade again down the road, so ive decided on either a 8x50 or 10x50 set of slc which are priced at 800 and 950 respectivly obviously they are secondhand and are both the older black ones and both are 12years old acording to the shop but are in A1 condition. but what i would like to know is are these good prices and what would others recomend on either a 8x or 10x mag but i know this really is going to be down to my personal preferance

Check e bay I'm pretty sure ive seen them cheaper on there. Sold a pair of 7x42 SLC this week 600. Zeis doing a trade in scheme at the mo as well for rf binos.

ive had a look on ebay and i cant find them any cheaper there are other smaller mag sets which ive found cheaper but not a 8x or 10x set

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    sir-lamp-alot

Have you looked at Ace Optics in Bath? They have a number of pairs of Swaros for sale: http://www.acecameras.co.uk/asp/web/...//prodtype.asp

7x42 - 679
    8x50 - 799

They also have a couple of pairs of Zeiss 7x42's and a pair of Leica 8x40's.

Gregor at Macleod's also has several pairs of 7x42's, from 595 to another "as new" pair for 795 with a pair of 10x50's for 840. He also has several pairs of 7x50's and 8x50's. http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/CUSTOMER%2...OCK%20LIST.pdf

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

SD Regular
    Where have you been?

I think you should be able to do a bit better than this. SLC's are really nice bino's - as you say, those two models are obsolete, but you are buying the lifetime warranty and customer service. I prefer the 10x, but either will do you for lowland stuff. 10x will be better if you ever go to the hill.

Willie's nailed the two best places I'm immediately aware of.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have just bought a secondhand pair of swarovski 8.5x 42 EL and i find them much easier to look through than a pair of 10x42s i borrowed as i found the extra mag just exagerates the movement in my hands. However, this could just be down to me not having a very steady hand, thats why im useless at freehand shooting!

have a look at the new range the 'HD' conquest binos from Zeiss there 800 new

Go for the 10x mag, bit shaky unsupported but resting on sticks fine, that extra mag will come in handy

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Bino choice is a very personal thing, which is why you should always try them out before buying. You're going to spend a huge amount of time looking through them, so make sure you judge not just the optics but also the ergonomics. They may have the best optics in the world, but what if you dont find them comfortable to use?

So far as power, personally I'd suggest going for the magnification of binoculars that most closely matches the magnification of your scope, on the basis that then the sight picture should be close to the same.

I use my bins both supported and unsupported when stalking, so would always go for the 8x on the basis that it is less wearing on the eyes. I also find 10x a bit too powerful for close-up woodland stalking, though on the hill I can see the attraction.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

many thanks chaps for all of your info and yes willie_gunn it is the set in ace im looking and i will take a look at the link for mcleods