sleepy charlie

norma 308

View attachment 12545
not a great photo but went out this afternoon and this vixon came and had a little sleep on a round bale in the wood ,didnt see any deer in the wood dam cold brrrrrrrrrr but did see 4 roe on the way out but too dark to see if doe or buck .saw two dog foxs as well .made a change being able to observe the foxs as i usually shoot them and ask questions later but this is a hunting farm so let them pass :doh:

i had one similar, 2 yrs ago.
i sat in a high seat for 2 hrs and shot a munty. climbed down from the seat to collect the beast, and 15 yds to my left there was this dog fox curled up soundo!! he had slept through, me calling and the shot. so, lifted the rifle and shot him. he was in very good condition. they must be quite dozey in the northants area!!

was stood under an ivy covered trre shooting pigeons once,must have been there 20 mins and fired quite a few shots
All of a sudden was a rustle,looked up expecting to see a squirrel but was amazed to see a fox running down the tree
Did not make it far .Not sure how many others can say they shot a fox out of a tree
Also crept up on a pair mating once and shot them with the 12

was stood under an ivy covered trre shooting pigeons once,must have been there 20 mins and fired quite a few shots
All of a sudden was a rustle,looked up expecting to see a squirrel but was amazed to see a fox running down the tree
Did not make it far .Not sure how many others can say they shot a fox out of a tree
Also crept up on a pair mating once and shot them with the 12

:rofl: Thats great!

blimey bet they were shocked ,i usually just ask them to get back on the footpath or move the car from the gateway :D

Back