Thread: Muntjac fillet

Muntjac fillet

Heres a great simple way to cook muntjac or any fillet. Saw it on country wise on tv.

Make sure fillet has been left out of fridge for a while to get to room temperature.

Chop up some thyme,mix with loads of black pepper. Rub olive oil over fillet and cover with thyme and pepper.

Heat up pan really hot and seal fillet all over including ends. Put in hot oven or aga for about 7 mins, then leave to stand on cutting board for same amount of time. Will be nice and pink in middle .

Perfect served over a bed of stir fried vegetables with nice glass of Zinfandel ! Simples.

Mmmmm sound lovely to me and will try!....

Be great thinly sliced with one of your knives !!

Sounds great.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    Heres a great simple way to cook muntjac or any fillet. Saw it on country wise on tv.

Make sure fillet has been left out of fridge for a while to get to room temperature.

Chop up some thyme,mix with loads of black pepper. Rub olive oil over fillet and cover with thyme and pepper.

Heat up pan really hot and seal fillet all over including ends. Put in hot oven or aga for about 7 mins, then leave to stand on cutting board for same amount of time. Will be nice and pink in middle .

Perfect served over a bed of stir fried vegetables with nice glass of Zinfandel ! Simples.
    Had this yesterday with new potatoes, carrots and broccoli spears with a Huge Furry-Whippingstool redcurrant gravy (plus I substituted a nice Malbec for the Zinfandel) and it was fabulous.

Even an "I don't like venison" person was seriously impressed.

Definitely a recommended recipe - and simple.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I would love to try that, no munties up here...Thats how I cook roe fillet, maybe 10-12mins if its a big one, its the way I do it for the Pear / stilton salad that affronted Muir's masculinity so.

Mike Robinson cooks Pave steaks like this, Mmmmm!

I've never shot a 'Pave', are they rare?
    MS
    Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Mike Robinson cooks Pave steaks like this, Mmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I've never shot a 'Pave', are they rare?
    MS
    You haven't lived!

Thanks for the nose up, I will certainly give that a go.