Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 RF FOR DEER "the perfect calibre" So The Police Say

.22 RF FOR DEER "the perfect calibre" So The Police Say

Now Guys get this
    My good shooting buddy and long standing friend his had FAC in for renewal over Christmas. He put it in in November and got it back at the this week, after 3 months chasing it and leaving the Cheif Constable a few messages.

He sat down to sign it only to realise they had put.................

.22 RF Must only be used for the porpose of vermin and fox control and deer stalking

Ive told him he's very lucky as he has a 10/22 he is proberly the only person in the UK who has a semi auto for deer. HOW COOL IS THAT

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Now Guys get this
    My good shooting buddy and long standing friend his had FAC in for renewal over Christmas. He put it in in November and got it back at the this week, after 3 months chasing it and leaving the Cheif Constable a few messages.

.22 RF Must only be used for the porpose of vermin and fox control and deer stalking

Ive told him he's very lucky as he has a 10/22 he is proberly the only person in the UK who has a semi auto for deer. HOW COOL IS THAT

Andrew
    Not to rain on your parade but after a variation I had a .243 in semi auto for deer with all the ammo provisions the wrong way around i.e. purchase 600 hold 500 and so on. Needless to say it was amended quick smart.

If he uses it on deer hes broke the law as we all know !!!!

He'll have to engage in head shooting with the .22LR to have proper chance of a clean kill -

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Now Guys get this

Andrew
    I have a semi auto 5 shot 12 bore with slugs for deer on my fac and so do a few other people i Know

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    If he uses it on deer hes broke the law as we all know !!!!
    Unlesss it is used to end suffering, Then "killing a deer by ANY means" to alleiviate suffering is acceptable as a humane act? (according to the DSC1 litrature)

Ahhh but please remember this from the Horses mouth as she said it :-

We do not make mistakes.

That was from our very own Firearms Licensing Manager,

So obviously his ticket must be correct .

i was told years ago that alot of shooters used 22 lr on deer even on reds before they introduced all the rules,headshots obviously,ive dropped many a fox on the spot with chest shot,one to the head will be enough

There is a very important point here and it is not the obvious one that FLDs, being of frail flesh like the rest of us, make errors.

The important point, of which FLDs often seem to be unaware, is that their conditions do not make unlawful acts lawful.

I mention this particularly in the context of their not wishing to add boar, goats, muntjac deer or whatever as quarry until they have proof that the FAC-holder has permission to shoot such quarry; it is almost as if they're worried that someone will go and poach a boar and then cite their FAC as evidence of thier authority to take it lawfully.

All in all, another first-rate argument in favour of the condition authorising the shooting of any lawful quarry.

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Unlesss it is used to end suffering, Then "killing a deer by ANY means" to alleiviate suffering is acceptable as a humane act? (according to the DSC1 litrature)