Thread: 4A-I or 4A-300I?

4A-I or 4A-300I?

I am trying to decide what reticle to order on my Z6i (when somewhere has them in stock!) and I am looking for some advice on the best reticle.

Attachment 12574

Attachment 12575

Not sure which is most useful and simple or is it really something I shouldn't get too worried about

personal choice but most people dont shoot deer at any distance where holdover becomes relevant.1" above the bull zero on any rifle between 243 and 308 give plenty of scope for point and shoot out to 250yds without major issue.

I have a similar reticule to the top one on a 243, never used the holdover marks yet, previously had it on an HMR where holdover was relevant.

I personally like the wider fine reticule style compared to the 4A but it is very useful in very dark conditions on non IR scopes. but you have a red dot so that is covered.

wouldnt worry about it! itrs on a Z6i so it doesnt really matter!

I have the ladder reticle as below, but I bought the ladder version so I could shoot at paper further out. I know the first dot down gives me a 240yd zero at x15, but it's very rarely used.

Good luck. JCS

The 4A-I works well if you go for the ballistic turrets

The only problem (if it is a problem) with the 300 is that the information will only work a one pre determined magnification

I have both and prefer the 4A-i

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    I have both and prefer the 4A-i
    I think that I do but I was interested if anyone found the aiming marks of any use whatsoever, so far it doesn't seem so

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    The 4A-I works well if you go for the ballistic turrets

The only problem (if it is a problem) with the 300 is that the information will only work a one pre determined magnification
    I was thinking that also. I've got an elderly 3-12x50 with the TDS-plex reticle in the other focal plane, so it is 'true' at any magnification. Makes a good deal more sense to me, but Swaro no longer seem to offer 'ballistic' resticle in that plane.

I favour the 4A- i its simple & with BT you dont need anything else.