Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drum roll please!

Drum roll please!

Hello
    I'm Johnny Cash
    (I also like Huntin)

better get some cammo johnny , all that blacks no good on this snow

Now then Mr Cash, welcome to the site and a little more of an introduction would be very nice at the moment all we know is you like hunting, so pad it out a little eh?

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

welcome to the site but not much of a intro
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

Prompts me to ask the question. Why is it that on a forum such as this you can hide behind a handle and say what you like? I would have thought that in ones profile there might be more information like the members full name at least visible to other members? Not really been into online forums before so its an unknown for me. It occurred to me the one big downfall is the potential for a lot of anonymous armchair experts?

Hi Johnny. Bear in mind that silver tipped cowboy boots with cuban heels aren't too good in the mud. Umm, do they come in camo?

No way would I ever use my real details on the t'internet. I'll quite happily admit I know shag all about deer stalking, but I'm willing to learn!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Prompts me to ask the question. Why is it that on a forum such as this you can hide behind a handle and say what you like? I would have thought that in ones profile there might be more information like the members full name at least visible to other members? Not really been into online forums before so its an unknown for me. It occurred to me the one big downfall is the potential for a lot of anonymous armchair experts?
    Not possible mate. Too easy to match a name to an FAC holder's address via the internet. If I had to put my true name on here I wouldn't join.
    Regarding armchair experts, well that's true but if you have a little bit about you you can usually work out who has a clue and who doesn't! My god I have read some stuff on here from some 'experts' but I have learnt a lot too from some good experienced stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Not possible mate. Too easy to match a name to an FAC holder's address via the internet. If I had to put my true name on here I wouldn't join.
    Regarding armchair experts, well that's true but if you have a little bit about you you can usually work out who has a clue and who doesn't! My god I have read some stuff on here from some 'experts' but I have learnt a lot too from some good experienced stalkers.
    Good point!

I actually thought it was a good intro (if you like Johnny Cash)
    I like most forms of Hunting and shooting.

I like my privacy, especially when it comes to firearms, suffice it to say I have a couple and I don't want anyone to come knocking after dark looking for them.

I'm a keen Foxer, Rabbit shooter and deer stalker.

I have shot mostly Fallow and a few Sika, going in search of a Red hind tomorrow to pop my cherry on.

dont forget , you shot a man in rehno , if thats how its spelt