What would you do

Sako 3006

Not quite stalking but here goes,myself and a group of friends have been running an air rifle club on a small plot of land for a number of years,unfortunately the old lady that owned the farm has sadly passed away,since her psssing we have done business with the son who farms the ground with no problems.
Now her estate is to be divided up amongst the very large family eight in all,I had a phone call off one of the brothers this morning telling me to get off the ground.
The person we have done business with is perfectly happy to let us carry on as we have been doing,saying he runs the farm not the rest of the family ( a lot have moved away and want thier share )so here lies my problem what happens now ?? although we have it in writing off him to carry on.
Chris

Just ignore him if you have the permission and backing of the shareholder who works the land. Do they own an equal share in the total or was the land split up? Do you know this brother? Sounds like something I'd just ignore for now but don't be rude.

The ground has not been split up,the guy has farmed it on his own for years,it is just now that the old lady has past they all want thier share.

Just ignore him if you have the permission and backing of the shareholder who works the land. Do they own an equal share in the total or was the land split up? Do you know this brother? Sounds like something I'd just ignore for now but don't be rude.
Mmmmm, is it as clear cut as that though, what if the one that wants them off involves the police?
Even though they`re using air rifles there could be some FAC`s in jeopardy here.

Mmmmm, is it as clear cut as that though, what if the one that wants them off involves the police?
Even though they`re using air rifles there could be some FAC`s in jeopardy here.

If the non farming brother involves the police 177landy can say & show that he has the working owners permission. Surely the police will not get involved in a family bicker over some people shooting airguns on land they have shot on for a good number of years.

Change the subject if two owners own a field and one says "yeah go ahead shoot that deer" and hands me a bit of paper to say I can, I shoot it and the other owner calls the cops saying I'm a poacher, what will happen? Nothing I had permission.

Ploice, FACs, now I am really worried ,what should FACs have anything to do with it.
But thank you for your reply.
Chris.

You need to deal with the executors and not just the person sitting on the site who may or may not have authority to permit your continued use of the land.

Back