Thread: PAT Testing??

PAT Testing??

I have some DJing electrical equiptment that is coming up to 3 years old , anyone know where is the best place to get this PAT tested , is it just a sticker on the plugs or do you get a certificate to prove you have had it done properly ??? Cheers Jay.....

Any competent electrician or electrical contractor will have access to test equipment and the charge shouldn’t be that great, most charge per appliance with substantial discounts offered for a large number of appliances. A visual/physical inspection of the appliance is required in addition to testing on a rig and a certificate detailing the appliances tested should always be issued. They will also recommend a retest date which will vary depending on the type of appliance and the use of that appliance which mainly relates to where or how it will be used. For instance appliances used in an office environment will be subject to less abuse than those in an industrial environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jayy2 View Post
    I have some DJing electrical equiptment that is coming up to 3 years old , anyone know where is the best place to get this PAT tested , is it just a sticker on the plugs or do you get a certificate to prove you have had it done properly ??? Cheers Jay.....
    Jay,

You'll get both, sticker will be on the unit / cert (or a copy of) supplied too, you will need this should you ever needs or have the oppertunity to play somewhere big with a strict policy on electric's. Also you may need to provide it should something happen to a venues kit if something goes wrong for your insurance purposes.

We get our office equip checked annually after this. If you need a quote to get this done I know some very good people based out of North London but cover the country for me doing 5yr fixed wire tests -

T

jay i can get that done for u

thanks guys,i have got it sorted now,about 10 +vat to test all my gear happy days............