Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire moderator - what's the best one to get?

Rimfire moderator - what's the best one to get?

I have a variation for getting a moderator for my .22 rimfire. What moderator do folk recommend I get? Thanks JCS

I use the Parker Hale John

Cheap, works well, and is easy to strip and clean.

Same as above for the SAK. I think it is also lighter than the Parker Hale but is slightly fatter.

+1 for the SAK.
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

I cant remember what the one I have is called, Im pretty sure its made by Swift ?? but all I know is that even my .17 has been reduced by an amazing amount, I had a Sak before and it cant touch it, only cost 49 quid and looks the mutts, I got it from Adenborne in Witney Oxon, have a word with Bruce there as I seem to remember he would do a discount for forum members? The mod comes in .17 and .22 versions

I have both the SAK & PH mods, of the two I have a slight preference for the SAK but both do the job.atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    I use the Parker Hale John

Cheap, works well, and is easy to strip and clean.
    Ditto, my Parker Hale is about 30 years old and is completly brilliant. All that you can hear is the pin click as it hits the case of the round. The Sak ones are, in my oppinion, too fat for you to use a scope mounted led lamp with as you get too much glare of them. The parker hale will look better on a more traditionaly built rifle too. If you have a sinthetic stock and all the rest of it then maybe the sak would be best.
    If you need to get the barrel screw cut then whatever you do make sure that you go to a good gun smith or even better a gun maker. How the mod is fitted and the muzzel is crowned makes a massive difference to accuracy too. Hope that helps. Also, no offence meant to those with Sak mods.
    Kind regards, olaf

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    I cant remember what the one I have is called, Im pretty sure its made by Swift ?? but all I know is that even my .17 has been reduced by an amazing amount, I had a Sak before and it cant touch it, only cost 49 quid and looks the mutts, I got it from Adenborne in Witney Oxon, have a word with Bruce there as I seem to remember he would do a discount for forum members? The mod comes in .17 and .22 versions
    yes richard pope of swift precision rifles makes those mods they are very good and light. if its the carbon one.

on a 22lr there sint alot of difference between them all with sub ammo. i use a logun decimator on mine and its good

SAK dose the job nice but the DM80 as less report,

Garry