Thread: New member from North East England

New member from North East England

Hi all, my name is James and I'm 29 years old from the North East of England where I am employed as an education manager in a young offenders institute.

I am a keen fly fisherman and hunter, I have been hunting with shotguns since I was 19 years old and a couple of years ago moved into hunting with rifles. The land I have permission on and where I am a member of the pheasant syndicate only allows me to hunt small game with rifles, but I go over to Norway every year to visit my brother and participate in the moose and roe deer hunting.

My firearms consist of:

.22 Gammo Air rifle - rat shooting

.410 Webley & Scott - rat shooting, rabbits & squirrel
    12g Browning cynergy - pheasant, geese, duck, pigeon & clay shooting
    12g AYA - rough gun & small game

22LR CZ 452 Varmint - rabbits
    22LR Ruger - rabbits
    22-250 Ruger M77 Mk II - Fox
    .243 Tikka T3 Lite - Roe Deer & fox

I am now looking into taking my DCS1 as I'm becoming more and more interested in deer stalking. I would like to learn as much as possible about the deer stalking side of things so if there is anybody in the North East who needs any help and would wouldn't mind me tagging along purely to help/ watch that would be fantastic.

I'm also interested in hearing from anybody with syndicate places available in the North East or offers days stalking to help me learn the necessary knowledge.

Cheers
    James
    Last edited by Jonty11; 16-02-2012 at 12:15. Reason: spelling

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hello James welcome to Sd, theres a few of us from the good ole North of the east

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty11 View Post
    Hi all, my name is James and I'm 29 years old from the North East of England where I am employed as an education manager in a young offenders institute.

I am a keen fly fisherman and hunter, I have been hunting with shotguns since I was 19 years old and a couple of years ago moved into hunting with rifles. The land I have permission on and where I am a member of the pheasant syndicate only allows me to hunt small game with rifles, but I go over to Norway every year to visit my brother and participate in the moose and roe deer hunting.

My firearms consist of:

.22 Gammo Air rifle - rat shooting

.410 Webley & Scott - rat shooting, rabbits & squirrel
    12g Browning Synergy - pheasant, geese, duck & clay shooting
    12g AYA - rough gun & small game

22LR CZ 452 Varmint - rabbits
    22LR Ruger - rabbits
    22-250 Ruger M77 Mk II - Fox
    .243 Tikka T3 Lite - Roe Deer & fox

I am now looking into taking my DCS1 as I'm becoming more and more interested in deer stalking. I would like to learn as much as possible about the deer stalking side of things so if there is anybody in the North East who needs any help and would wouldn't mind me tagging along purely to help/ watch that would be fantastic.

I'm also interested in hearing from anybody with syndicate places available in the North East or offers days stalking to help me learn the necessary knowledge.

Cheers
    James
    Hello and a warm welcome James - - thankyou - - that is what we call an exeedingly good intro !

Kindest regards from the North

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Hi there and welcome from a near neighbour.

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody i look forward to being an active member of the forum.