Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell fusion vs Leica geovids

Bushnell fusion vs Leica geovids

I put a similar thread on here a while back but I'm going to word this one differently.
    Are Leica geovids a 1000 better than the bushnell fusion 1600 range finding bins.

Matt.

The way i would ask the question is 'Are you content with the inferior binos, knowing that you'll be missing that extra 15-30mins of vision when the deer are most active?'

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5/284matt View Post
    I put a similar thread on here a while back but I'm going to word this one differently.
    Are Leica geovids a 1000 better than the bushnell fusion 1600 range finding bins.

Matt.
    Yes for the above reason,all adds up to extra venison in the larder.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I have the fusions and the rangefinder is brilliant, i have recorded ranges out to over 1800 yards. The bino's are ok they have a slight blue tint to them and yes they may be 15 mins behind the likes of Swarovski but they are not too bad and after all said and done dont forget you are looking through bino's with two eyes so just because you can see something through your bino's when its nearly pitch dark that does'nt mean you can shoot it when you come to view it through your scope.

if you have the grand extra to piss with then the bushies are lesser bins yes but your eyesight needs to be pretty good to make real use of the optical difference between the two options.

if it was dark enough to need the difference you shouldn't be shooting at the deer anyway.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    It's dark in the morning as well as the evening, yet these threads always seem to end up focusing on shooting at last light?

So far as the 1000 difference, it's not just the extra 5-10 minutes of visibility, it is also:

Quality of image
    Quality of manufacture
    Warranty
    Resale value
    Peace of mind

To me the latter is probably the single biggest differentiator. I want kit that will just plain work when I take it out and use it. With "premium" brands thats what you get.

When you work out the number of times you are going to look through your binos, any price difference soon gets lost.

Willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    if you have the grand extra to piss with then the bushies are lesser bins yes but your eyesight needs to be pretty good to make real use of the optical difference between the two options.

if it was dark enough to need the difference you shouldn't be shooting at the deer anyway.
    hah had all the different binos,apart from the new swarovskis,which are fantastic,aye they are very expensive but definitely worth the detail and the enjoyment to use,agreed if it is that derk you shouldnt be shooting at the deer,but what if it was vermin you were after,one chap was saying he could range to 1800 meteres,is he shooting at deer,NO.IF YE CAN AFFORD THEM GO FOR IT YOU WONT REGRET IT,but at the end of the day...........you can only piss with the c-ck you have...ha-ha.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG white hunter View Post
    hah had all the different binos,apart from the new swarovskis,which are fantastic,aye they are very expensive but definitely worth the detail and the enjoyment to use,agreed if it is that derk you shouldnt be shooting at the deer,but what if it was vermin you were after,one chap was saying he could range to 1800 meteres,is he shooting at deer,NO.IF YE CAN AFFORD THEM GO FOR IT YOU WONT REGRET IT,but at the end of the day...........you can only piss with the c-ck you have...ha-ha.
    You say in your post "agreed if it is that dark you should'nt be shooting at the deer, but what if it was vermin you were after" do you not have any respect for foxes etc then? because it sounds as though you would quite happily take a shot in inadequate light at a fox with the high possibility of wounding it. Surely everything deserves some respect? And before anyone mentions that it could be vermin with the lamp that would mean there is no need for the best quality bino's.

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    It's dark in the morning as well as the evening, yet these threads always seem to end up focusing on shooting at last light?

So far as the 1000 difference, it's not just the extra 5-10 minutes of visibility, it is also:

Quality of image
    Quality of manufacture
    Warranty
    Resale value
    Peace of mind

To me the latter is probably the single biggest differentiator. I want kit that will just plain work when I take it out and use it. With "premium" brands thats what you get.

When you work out the number of times you are going to look through your binos, any price difference soon gets lost.

Willie_gunn
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post

Quality of image
    Quality of manufacture
    Warranty
    Resale value
    Peace of mind

Willie_gunn
    I agree with Willie, and the older your eyes get the more help they need !