Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski z6i

Swarovski z6i

Which Swarovski z6i model is best for woodland deer stalking and is it significantly better for this than the Swarovski z4i? atb Tim

I can only speak from my experience with a z6i 2.5-15x56 this I think is about as good a scope as you could possibly put on your rifle for both stalking,foxing and occasional target use, however I have not compared to a z4i, but its still going to be top notch glass whichever swarovski model you choose, and an unrivalled customer service.

I am going to buy the z6i 2.5-15x56 but I am stuck at the minute waiting for the 2nd gen ones to get to the distributors, very frustrating as I have the rifle and everything else ready to go and the money sitting here but so far I'm not getting an answer when they will be available.

Looks like I am going to have to use the estate rifle again this week even though I have everything else in place!

Let's face it, Z6 is a luxury item, if you can afford it you are not going to settle on a Z4. You will always look at a Z4 and think 'I could have bought a 6'. I think my 2-12 I.R is the mutts dangly love lumps. On paper, in the woods and among the piggies I never felt the need for more mag' or indeed less mag. The illuminated ret' allows the selection of the fine crosshair for precision work.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    I am going to buy the z6i 2.5-15x56 but I am stuck at the minute waiting for the 2nd gen ones to get to the distributors, very frustrating as I have the rifle and everything else ready to go and the money sitting here but so far I'm not getting an answer when they will be available.

Looks like I am going to have to use the estate rifle again this week even though I have everything else in place!
    Any idea what improvements will be made with 2nd gen?atb Tim

From another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    Differences are slimmer illumination turret and illumination tilt sensor mainly.Small alterations on the ballistic turret as well but the optics are exactly the same as on the Gen 1 models
    Released Feb 1st I believe
    The thing is if you are spending that kind of money you don't want to be buying something already superseded, well I know I don't

I not entirely sure that I would beneft from a ballistic turret, my .243 is quite flat shooting over 50 - 150 yards, fiddling with the sights whist preparing for the shot sounds like an added complication, over that sort of range is there any real benefit? atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I not entirely sure that I would beneft from a ballistic turret, my .243 is quite flat shooting over 50 - 150 yards, fiddling with the sights whist preparing for the shot sounds like an added complication, over that sort of range is there any real benefit? atb Tim
    no, keep it simple

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    no, keep it simple
    Thanks for that, I also discussed this up the range this morning and similar opinions were expressed. atb Tim