Stobo

6pointer

Went down to stobo with Jamross off this site had a great day and learned so much about SIKA deer .I must apologize to brian for asking some many questions but if its about deer i just need to know i saw 5 all in two very large stags one was with out doubt a medal class beast and was only 90 mtr from me biting the others ass .Sadly wrong time of year or i would have taken him home. The first stalk was up a steep bank and out on to the Pisa high seat for a few hours . The second afternoon stalk was a long an easy track and again in to a wooden doe box this time. Brian has stalking for all tough terrain if that's your thing or a gentle walk a long a track if your just not in to mountaineering. The views are special and the pies are fab. Thanks Brian i will see you again.
A real education for RIA sadly brian didnt get to see her work but he did meet her.

Views from the Second high seat up like me to forget my camera on the first stalk.

STOBO.jpg

STOBO1.jpg

Last edited:
Bonny place,plenty of sika and a good host as well
Hope you had a good day Davie,Jamross definitely knows deer,that moon wouldn't help things either

George i will be the first to admit i know f all about sika but when you go out with chaps that do your not long in learning. Had a really good day and Jammie is a true gent. Plenty of deer yes i did wounder why the population was allowed to go that high but am i thinking from an FC point of view lol.Every small tree has some damage but if its not commercial maybe there is not the need to flatten them all if that was possible. ps Any decent books out there on scottish SIKA.

Glad to hear u had a great day lovely scenery shame about wrong time of year . jamross knows his stuff and a great host and true gent

George i will be the first to admit i know f all about sika but when you go out with chaps that do your not long in learning. Had a really good day and Jammie is a true gent. Plenty of deer yes i did wounder why the population was allowed to go that high but am i thinking from an FC point of view lol.Every small tree has some damage but if its not commercial maybe there is not the need to flatten them all if that was possible. ps Any decent books out there on scottish SIKA.
+1,don't think you'd ever manage to eradicate sika Davie,IMO the most challenging deer to stalk and one of the most interesting

Davie, the dog is a wee cracker!!! Can't imagine there are any out there that have an aggresive streak in them after meeting her. She would have cuddled you if she could have gotten her front legs round you!!!

Glad in a way that we never got to see her work in earnest but impressed she coped well with all the scent going about the place, looked like she took it in her stride.

Last edited:
Davie, the dog is a wee cracker!!! Can't imagine there are any out there that have an aggresive streak in them after meeting her. She would have cuddled you if she could have gotten her front legs round you!!!

Glad in a way that we never got to see her work in earnest but impressed she coped well with all the scent going about the place, looked like she took it in her stride.

He must have borrowed a dog for the day :rofl:

Back