New British rifle on the scene...

digger9523

Heard about this new rifle coming out:

Sc-76.jpg

008.jpg

CleaningoffMud.jpg

SeriousStuff.jpg

Its been designed and built by the guy that gave us the RPA rifle action. It's farkin ugly, but intel inside tells me it's a tack driver.

Being made by:

Steel Core Designs - Home of the Thunderbolt Tactical Rifles

Ugly is as ugly does. If it shoots?? a person can get around the looks. I wonder how many coins one would need to part with to get one?? I looked at a SAKO TRG22 in 308 the other night. The accessories were (roughly) as follows:

Magazines: $285 US (each)
Sling with Swivels: $165 US
Bipod: $568 US
Rings: $450 US

The rifle was comparatively cheap at only $3065 US. I think these high tech accuracy guys produce great rifles, but over charge John Q. Public to the extreme....~Muir

I am going to have to say I like the look of that. I wouldn't want to carry it stalking, but it might be a lot of fun in a suitable calibre. That deep belly would hide a 10 round magazine? Actually, stood up on it's butt, it looks a bit like me with that belly..

Anybody know how much?

Brithunter is really going to hate it.....:D

They retail for around £3300, they are tested at my local range, I have seen them make repeated hits out to 1100 meters at the Lydd MOD ranges with 12 year old German NATO ammo.

Looks like a RPA Quadlite repeater, icorporated into tube gun forend and ABS lower....

Havent seen one in the flesh,

One of the testers in the pics, I know from the F Class scene.

An opponant to the AI AW (AE), Brugger Thomet APR1, Blaser Tac 2, Sako TRG, Rem MPR1, etc etc family of rifles?..

Think the stock is interesting as it reminicant of field target air rifles, so maybe good for positional shooting.

Although if i'm correct, most shots the rifle is aimed at (pardon the pun) will be taken from prone and under concealed cover.....

Would be interested to have one for a day...for a test.

Last edited:
Think the stock is interesting as it reminicant of field target air rifles, so maybe good for positional shooting.

Although if i'm correct, most shots the rifle is aimed at (pardon the pun) will be taken from prone and under concealed cover.....

Judging by the last quoted sentence you don't really have much idea of the market place in current theatres.

Stand to be enlightened;

So the rifle isnt aimed at the Law Enforcement / Miltary "Marksman" / civilain tactical shooter - where most shots are taken from prone, utilising bipod, bag or any other rest?

?

Back