Thread: 'Munty' new site member

'Munty' new site member

Hello there,

I live in London and have been involved in the shooting world both professionally and as my chosen sport since 1977. For those mathemeticians amongst you, will have worked out that I am the wrong side of 50. That almost certainly means two things: 'experience' and 'incontinence', thankfully I haven't acquired the last one yet!

I am an active stalker with many years experience in the UK, but have still not taken a Chinese Water Deer, so that's something to look forward to.

In addition to my UK stalking, I organise two or three trips to Africa every year for my stalking buddies and I. I am fortunate enought to have close friends who are PH's in Africa (Eastern Cape and Kwazulu Natal). I have just returned from the Eastern Cape over Christmas and the New Year and will be taking my eldest (28) at the end of this month; then out again in May.

I have rifles in .243, .308, .300win, .375, one is a T3 the others are Mauser MO3's. I reload all calibres except .243 and have a lot of experience in ballistics (especially 'terminal' ballistics), which I acquired during my professional career.

I suppose what sums me up best, is that I enjoy passing on knowledge to others, thankfully I still enjoys others passing on their knowledge to me (there is still so much to learn, especially in Africa) and I enjoy a day in the woods or the bush, wether I shoot something or not.

I wish all fellow shooters and hunters a safe and enjoyable time.

'Munty'

Welcome to SD Munty!

Seeing as you brought it up I wasn't born until 1978!

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Welcome to SD Munty!

Seeing as you brought it up I wasn't born until 1978!
    Thanks,

OK my FAC is older than you, but I bet we get the same enjoyment from a day in the field, it might make me puff when dragging a deer off the hill, but I get there in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Thanks,

OK my FAC is older than you, but I bet we get the same enjoyment from a day in the field, it might make me puff when dragging a deer off the hill, but I get there in the end!
    Sorry I couldn't help it! Your not wrong there its the second best place to be!

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses