Thread: Hello from Tynside

Hello from Tynside

Hi from a complete numpty err I mean newbie I am new to powder burners and stalking.I have only been shooting with rifles for the last 9 or 10 months.I started with airrifles and rabbit and vermin shooting came along then the need for something a bit more powerful with a bit more range was needed and before long I had gone from enjoying the rabbits and corvids etc to a tag along on a deerstalk and that as they say was the hook that stuck.From that moment on I just had to look into the why's and wherefore'sI joined a local shooting club as a way of getting some range time with proper guns OMG what an eye opener.I love every minute of itI am now awaiting my own FAC and have decided that soon I shall be taking my DSC1 if my mobility can take it as I had a wee tumble while shooting rabbits on a Golfcourse and my leg is not what it used to be.(the Muscle injury plus arthritis is taking its time) But I just dearly love to be out in the company of nature and all she has to offer. I have seen more things than I ever would have noticed before had I not been on a "stealth walk" looking for sign.
    Graham.

Hi Graham and welcome, i am from south tyneside too, theres a few Geordies on here.
    regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Hi Graham and welcome, i am from south tyneside too, theres a few Geordies on here.
    regards
    Steve
    Hi there, welcome aboard.
    What Club do you shoot with?

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Hi there, welcome aboard.
    What Club do you shoot with?
    Hello and thanks for the warm welcom guys,I shoot at the Mayfair gun club and have just joined the Tyne Valley club for this comming year.I have two vermin permissions at present and hope to get a new one with Foxing soon.There are literally shedloads of foxes and other vermin around near me but the Farmers/Landowners do not seem to be keen on having them shot.Still nmight just be the case that they are wary of me yet,till they get to know me Been doing the rabbit control for a few years now and getting to neeed a long range tool for the job.

Welcome from another local, Which part of S Tyneside you from ?

we'll have to have a s, tyneside meet up.
    also a member of the above clubs

Im right on the Border of Boldon and South Shields,in Biddick Hall.